SaabCentral Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
442 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I need to remove my melted windshield spray nozzles from my hood. I can't seem to figure out how to remove the hood liner insulation on my '03 9-5 Aero to get access to the spray nozzles. I have the large plastic fasteners that have the small hole in the center holding the liner. I saw some other posts saying you just press into it with a small allen wrench, but I had no success with this. It didn't seem like I was doing anything except pressing the clip in harder . . . nothing was releasing. WIS shows that there is a tool that can be used to remove it; it basically looks like a small wedge. I don't want to tear the liner or destroy a bunch of these clips, so any advice or more detail on how to remove these fasteners would be much appreciated.

·
Registered
743 Posts
They are a pain. I wonder whether they're a one-shot design? Having got some off I still can't see how they work, unlike the indefinitely re-usable smaller ones used in the interior, where you push the centre pin in 3 mm to release. I ended up just levering my hood liner clips off, and ordered new ones. They're not cheap.

Doug

·
Registered
7,837 Posts
You pull/pry on them and hope for the best.

Junkyard cars can supply some spares for the ones you break.

·
Registered
2,287 Posts
When I had a 9-3 ss I removed them. I took a flat had screwdriver and carefully pushed around under the "disc" until I could feel something moving. While gently pulling on the disc with one hand (same side the screw driver was on, eventually the pin (like a wall anchor) squeezed in and that side slid out. Went to the other side and repeated the same thing. After you get it the first time, the rest will be easier to get off. They just push back in again and expand once back in the hole.

·
Registered
442 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
When I had a 9-3 ss I removed them. I took a flat had screwdriver and carefully pushed around under the "disc" until I could feel something moving. While gently pulling on the disc with one hand (same side the screw driver was on, eventually the pin (like a wall anchor) squeezed in and that side slid out. Went to the other side and repeated the same thing. After you get it the first time, the rest will be easier to get off. They just push back in again and expand once back in the hole.
Thanks for this. I was resigning myself to just breaking them, but I'll try coaxing the clips out. Fortunately, I'll only need to remove the liner near the back of the hood by the spray nozzles.

·
Registered
4 Posts
I need to remove my melted windshield spray nozzles from my hood. I can't seem to figure out how to remove the hood liner insulation on my '03 9-5 Aero to get access to the spray nozzles. I have the large plastic fasteners that have the small hole in the center holding the liner. I saw some other posts saying you just press into it with a small allen wrench, but I had no success with this. It didn't seem like I was doing anything except pressing the clip in harder . . . nothing was releasing. WIS shows that there is a tool that can be used to remove it; it basically looks like a small wedge. I don't want to tear the liner or destroy a bunch of these clips, so any advice or more detail on how to remove these fasteners would be much appreciated usa today protonmail .
ended up just levering my hood liner clips off, and ordered new ones. They're not cheap.

·
Registered
495 Posts
Not sure about the liner but for the rubber wind deflector: using silicon from a tube and clamps. Being careful to realign the (1/2 broken) pins

1 - 8 of 8 Posts