SaabCentral Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1,053 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Trying to identify why my car won't start sometimes I am first looking for corroded wires, and have removed the battery and box. Could someone please tell me what these 2 wires do? The yellow marked wire goes from the middle of a very thick conduit (over 1" diam) by the front grill, underneath the battery to a little metal thing. What is it? It looks like the wire is just plugged in there, but the wires at the plug are somewhat exposed, covering tape is loose, so it could be corroded. Unsure how to unplug it though.

The second wire marked in red goes from the battery terminal directly to the unit you see in the pic, underneath the battery box. What is that unit?

I'd appreciate any help.

Original thread is here.

http://www.saabcentral.com/forums/showthread.php?t=233355

Attachments

·
Super Moderator
9,364 Posts
black wire is an earth..looking at the haynes i have here there are 2 red cables 1 to the fuse box other to the starter..starter relay is R8..

do you have at or mt?.

·
Registered
1,053 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
black wire is an earth..looking at the haynes i have here there are 2 red cables 1 to the fuse box other to the starter..starter relay is R8..

do you have at or mt?.
she's got a manual trans...

So this is black earth, if corroded, could cause the electrical issues? I presume switching a relay might test that theory, as well as examining the ground's plug?

1 - 3 of 3 Posts