SaabCentral Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Like an idiot I opened my hood to dry the engine bay after washing my car last night forgetting that I had my wiper blades up to dry the windshield. The hood hit the blades, and popped the linkage arm for the passenger wiper off the motor assembly. I read the DIY post on here and got under the hood to the assembly, but does the whole linkage need to be replaced or is there a way to pop the arm back on???

Its the point where the white cap is in the picture.

Attachments

·
Registered
1,687 Posts
Like an idiot I opened my hood to dry the engine bay after washing my car last night forgetting that I had my wiper blades up to dry the windshield. The hood hit the blades, and popped the linkage arm for the passenger wiper off the motor assembly. I read the DIY post on here and got under the hood to the assembly, but does the whole linkage need to be replaced or is there a way to pop the arm back on???

Its the point where the white cap is in the picture.

Yet to deal with this on my Saab but on my other cars you can just pop them back together. There is usually a lip in the arm that clips onto the motor or linkage and if that is busted then the arm. My old car I had to use a C clamp to tighten and pop the two back together. Not sure if the Saab needs that much pressure. Take a look at the arm and see if you broke anything.

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yet to deal with this on my Saab but on my other cars you can just pop them back together. There is usually a lip in the arm that clips onto the motor or linkage and if that is busted then the arm. My old car I had to use a C clamp to tighten and pop the two back together. Not sure if the Saab needs that much pressure. Take a look at the arm and see if you broke anything.
The arm looks fine, but I dont see any way that it clamps back together??

·
Registered
1,687 Posts
I can't really see in the picture but usually its a ball and socket. The arms need to attach onto the motor. I just can't tell in the picture what is what. I can't tell if the arm sticking out down to the right is what the ball needs to attach to.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts