SaabCentral Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello all! Since everyone here was so helpful with my no heat situation (bad bypass valve replaced!) I now have another issue. As stated in my previous post I was "losing my temp gauge". It seems that with the cold weather now It started happening again. It will get up to temperature fine and work, then slowly it seems to drop slightly and then it just drops suddenly to cold (not working). It seemed to be happening in the mornings only but today it happened on the way home (temp outside was 53 degrees) and I noticed it also threw a SES/ CEL light. If I shut the car off and then restart it, the gauge reads fine. Could it be the temp sensor? Is the check engine light being set off by this or is it a coincidence (dont have a scanner yet)? By the way this is on a 03 95 linear (LPT). As I always I will eagerly await your responses. Thanks in advance!!
Andy.

·
Registered
904 Posts
I use to have the same issue with the temp gauge dropping suddenly to cold just before it got to normal temp. As a side note, my car would take a long time to warm up.

I tried changing the temp sensor, but still happened. This summer, the thermostat packed it in. Since getting the thermostat replaced, the temp gauge has been working fine. And my car has never warmed up so fast!

If you have not changed your thermostat, might be worth a shot.

Wayne

1 - 3 of 3 Posts