SaabCentral Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello all,

I recently traded in my BMW for the '07 Saab 9-3 2.0t sports sedan, I have many questions, any assistance would be greatly appreciated!

1.) Does the Aero package differ from the SS package? Since I have the 2.0t, I do not have dual exhaust, does this mean that if I add the Aero package, one side will be "exhaustless?" Also, when I do purchase the aero package, do I need any mounting hardward that would have to be purchased from the dealer? (ss package can be seen on genuine saab.com)

2.) I want to add an in-dash double-dinn navigation system, however, has anybody seen it done? does a double-dinn work? is it a clean fit? do i need any crazy wiring?

3.) Do the '08 9-3 sports sedan's rear lights fit onto the 07's rear lights? Can I swap them?

4.) do the '08s front bumper fit on the '07s? im pretty sure it doesnt, but are there any conversion packages or anything?

Sorry for the Question overload folks, I'm very glad to find this site!

·
Registered
562 Posts
abownaro said:
1.) Does the Aero package differ from the SS package? Since I have the 2.0t, I do not have dual exhaust, does this mean that if I add the Aero package, one side will be "exhaustless?"
Not sure if the aero package comes with a dual exhaust-ready rear skirt.

abownaro said:
2.) I want to add an in-dash double-dinn navigation system, however, has anybody seen it done? does a double-dinn work? is it a clean fit? do i need any crazy wiring?
It works. Some members here have opted for the Pioneer Avic-D3. The main challenge is to get hold of a faceplate and the wiring harness. Use the "Search" function.

abownaro said:
3.) Do the '08 9-3 sports sedan's rear lights fit onto the 07's rear lights? Can I swap them?
Yes. Again, the "Search" function is your friend.

abownaro said:
4.) do the '08s front bumper fit on the '07s? im pretty sure it doesnt, but are there any conversion packages or anything?
Conversion packages? Not that I'm aware of. The shape and contours of the panels are different between MY07 and MY08. In order to do that, you'd have to replace the bonnet+fenders+bumper+front headlights.

·
Registered
128 Posts
abownaro said:
Hello all,

I recently traded in my BMW for the '07 Saab 9-3 2.0t sports sedan, I have many questions, any assistance would be greatly appreciated!

1.) Does the Aero package differ from the SS package? Since I have the 2.0t, I do not have dual exhaust, does this mean that if I add the Aero package, one side will be "exhaustless?" Also, when I do purchase the aero package, do I need any mounting hardward that would have to be purchased from the dealer? (ss package can be seen on genuine saab.com)

Sorry for the Question overload folks, I'm very glad to find this site!
I don't intend any offense, but why didn't you just buy an 08 9-3 Aero sedan? I'm guessing you got a sweet deal, but it seems like, even if these modifications can be done, you'll be paying labor costs on top of parts to make your car an '08 model anyhow. Seriously now..an 08 bumper, 08 rear lights, and an upgrade to an AERO package? I had no idea an AERO package could be considered an add-on.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Well, Considering I got my car-brand new-black on black '07 2.0t out the door (This includes taxes AND finance Charges and License and the WHOLE deal) for $24,333- OUT THE DOOR, the same price as a Honda accord and a toyota camry, it was well worth it.

I was sick of leasing beemers, although they do have the best drive from any car out there, I already have a benz, and an audi.. I decided it would be time to buy a daily driver, and i love this car! i just wish making mods was easier... IT is well worth it over any japanese car , especially for the value, but I will be honest, the '08s look IS KILLLINNNNG me, its soooo mean looking...although I woulda never got a deal on it....

·
Registered
128 Posts
abownaro said:
Well, Considering I got my car-brand new-black on black '07 2.0t out the door (This includes taxes AND finance Charges and License and the WHOLE deal) for $24,333- OUT THE DOOR, the same price as a Honda accord and a toyota camry, it was well worth it.

I was sick of leasing beemers, although they do have the best drive from any car out there, I already have a benz, and an audi.. I decided it would be time to buy a daily driver, and i love this car! i just wish making mods was easier... IT is well worth it over any japanese car , especially for the value, but I will be honest, the '08s look IS KILLLINNNNG me, its soooo mean looking...although I woulda never got a deal on it....
I understand that you really like the 08 look, but what will you do with your new-to-you MY 07 parts. Either you've got some serious space or you'll have to sell 'em. Of course, you are probably savvy with ebay or something. And furthermore, it's your car and you can do whatever you want with it!

BTW, I don't want to burst a new owner's bubble, but are you certain you got the best deal for your car? It seems incentives should be a lot higher if you've just bought new. I bought my 07 SC 20.T 60th Anniversary for less in early Oct. Oh well, sounds like you're really diggin' it. Enjoy!

·
Registered
101 Posts
The main differences between the 2.0T and Aero are the motor 2.8 liter V6 (hence dual exhaust) at 255hp vs. 2.0 liter 4 banger at 210 hp with corresponding torque differences to match, the auto transmission on the Aero is a six speed auto "Sentronic" vs. five speed auto "Sentronic", and lowered suspension. Those are performance differences. The Aero has Bi-Xenon self-levelling headlights and better seats. Then, there are the cosmetic differences. Different wheels, tires, rear spoiler, Bose audio, and an awful steering wheel (bad looking plastic "chrome" trim) on the Aero with paddle shifters for the automatic.

It's practically impossible to turn a 2.0T into an Aero. If you want fuel economy, decent ride, decent handling, and a car with all around good manners, you made the right decision. Add a rear spoiler (IMHO) and BSR chip for performance gain. If you want better handling, performance, spirited driving, take it back and get an Aero.

My 2 cents worth..... Ok, maybe 1.5 cents worth.

Edit - Yeah, beren's right, I forgot the bigger brakes on the Aero.

·
Registered
240 Posts
conversion

Yeah I agree with kcaudell...I suppose after spending a ton of money yuo could make it look like an aero. It certainly could be done, but you would have to change out pretty much everything in front of the windshield and then the motor, springs, brakes, etc. You would easily surpass the cost of having just bought the Aero.

I also looked at the 07 Aero, but once I saw the 08 I knew I had to wait.

beren

kcaudell said:
The main differences between the 2.0T and Aero are the motor 2.8 liter V6 (hence dual exhaust) at 255hp vs. 2.0 liter 4 banger at 210 hp with corresponding torque differences to match, the auto transmission on the Aero is a six speed auto "Sentronic" vs. five speed auto "Sentronic", and lowered suspension. Those are performance differences. The Aero has Bi-Xenon self-levelling headlights and better seats. Then, there are the cosmetic differences. Different wheels, tires, rear spoiler, Bose audio, and an awful steering wheel (bad looking plastic "chrome" trim) on the Aero with paddle shifters for the automatic.

It's practically impossible to turn a 2.0T into an Aero. If you want fuel economy, decent ride, decent handling, and a car with all around good manners, you made the right decision. Add a rear spoiler (IMHO) and BSR chip for performance gain. If you want better handling, performance, spirited driving, take it back and get an Aero.

My 2 cents worth..... Ok, maybe 1.5 cents worth.

·
Registered
588 Posts
inyrmnd said:
BTW, I don't want to burst a new owner's bubble, but are you certain you got the best deal for your car? It seems incentives should be a lot higher if you've just bought new. I bought my 07 SC 20.T 60th Anniversary for less in early Oct. Oh well, sounds like you're really diggin' it. Enjoy!
That's hard to believe. Even 24k out the door tax, tile, reg is an AMAZING deal!

In fact, I don't know how you got that. I just bought an 07 60th anniv. and paid more than that BEFORE taxes, and mine was a good deal.

His must be manual, no premium sound, nor cold, etc....

·
Registered
101 Posts
I'm being quoted $ 25,350 including TTL for 2007 2.0T w/60th Anniversary or Aero for $ 27,680 with TTL. 6% sales tax here in Michigan and $250 for plates and $15 for title work. Thats $23,665 before TTL for 2.0T and about $25,863 for Aero. This also includes GMS, holiday cash, and $4,000 / $5,500 rebates, plus $1,000 from dealer (according to them) leaving $300 in extra profit (again, according to the dealer).

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
No, Mine is actually an Automatic, and thats about it, it is black on dark grey.....and has no other options, but i'm fine with that.... I dont want to convert my car to the aer0, all i want is the kit... the little lip in the front and the back.. the back of the 2.0t is kind of annoying, because you can see the underbody....

And in response to your question, yes it was a good deal, all I did was go in there with a 24,000 check made out to nobody... i said if u can do it, thats great, if not thats great also.. just dont try and persuade me (im an attorney)... so i gout out another 333.. and ba boom! it was done... this was at the Saab dealer next 2 Beverly hills, (casa de cadillac) in sherman oaks... believe, me these dealers have a lot to negotiate on the 07's body... but as for the '08 good luck!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts