SaabCentral Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,
I am considering a performance upgrade - I have a 2.0 lpt
after a little research the most appealing first step is the BSR pbc reprogramming for the trionic ecu but I have a few questions

1. seems too easy - surely I'd need to do more than reprogram the ecu to get an extra 70 horses

2. is it a suitable mod for the auto box?

3. what does it do to drivability?

4. what does it do to fuel economy?

I'd expect to do a brake upgrade and would also consider a suspension upgrade.

Has anyone used one of these?:confused:

·
Registered
3,597 Posts
With a 2.0, if you are planning to install an ECU, I would also swap your injectors to the red ones from the 2.3 models. They can flow much more fuel at a lower duty cycle, so it is more reliable to tune, and you should be able to reach higher horsepower numbers as well. Considering how cheap a set of used injectors is, this one would be a no-brainer for me.

The only catch with the injectors is that you need a tune to handle them. Most of the tuners offer a Stage1+Red Injectors map so that you can do this. I think BSR has this one as well.

·
Registered
5,641 Posts
zoso said:
1. seems too easy - surely I'd need to do more than reprogram the ecu to get an extra 70 horses
Actually it is that simple, the mod just turns up the turbo and makes the ignition and fuel mapping more aggressive. The injector upgrade is an optional thing, but very much worth it. It's always good to have more fuel delivery potential than you need.

zoso said:
2. is it a suitable mod for the auto box?
Well within it's abilities, but if you haven't done a fluid change recently I'd recommend it before you upgrade. Also change it at least once a year after you upgrade.

zoso said:
3. what does it do to drivability?
You'll spin the wheels if you floor it from a standing stop, but otherwise it's exactly the same.

zoso said:
4. what does it do to fuel economy?
Everyone reports a slight improvement, but if you get in it a lot you'll burn more fuel.

zoso said:
I'd expect to do a brake upgrade and would also consider a suspension upgrade.
Sport pads are all you really need for the power you're looking at. As for the suspension, I'd recommend that at any power level, totally transforms the car. :cheesy:

·
Registered
22,211 Posts
The later 2.0 cars had the bigger injectors too, check the colour of yours before you buy any ;)

·
Registered
312 Posts
I think from 2001-> they have the same injectors as the 2,3. Maptun sells uprades including red injectors to take it to 225HP without uprated injectors its 205 for the old models.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts