SaabCentral Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Good day to all,
Looking for some help on a few issues, I just can't find on YouTube or the web.
1st one, abs,traction,stability light on sid. By curing the abs problem will that cure the rest? Also how do you remove the ABS sensor to test, I went under both front tires and seems to have a cover of some sort blocking the sensor I see the wire but cannot get to the bolt or see it.

2nd, misfire so one day I start the car it hesitated a little then was normal. Now I have a p0300 code. I checked plugs wires and that vacuum tube beside the dipstick and all look good. I was pumping 87 octane but just filled up with 93 octane because i seen a few post and figured i give it shot.

3rd AC, so the compressor will not kick on but when I use an adapter to give it 12v it kicked on and after a few minutes the high speed fan came on as well. I checked the fuse hidden below the battery the 10 is fine but the other I don't know how to check nor can I swap because it's totally different from other ones. Haven't checked to see if it needs refill but would the compressor not kick on with low freon? The PO said it may need a refill,but I'm a little suspect being when I change the outside temp sensor on the lower bumper it looks like he parked on a curb and dented the lower radiator/condenser a bit .

Any help or suggestions would be great I'm pretty knowledgeable on wrenching too.

·
Registered
9,380 Posts
Get a Tech II. It will diagnose your ABS/ESP issues. It can tell you which of the conditions for A/C compressor engagement aren't being met.

The alternative is to do a lot of connection/disconnection and parts swapping, hoping to hit the jackpot.

·
Registered
213 Posts
On most cars the compressor wont kick on if the charge is too low. Theres a lo psi switch.
If you hit a curb and dented the condenser you may have punctured it and all your r134 is melting the ice caps (humor). With no charge- no AC.

·
Registered
213 Posts
Abs codes: yes fix it and the lights will all go off. The trac control uses the abs to control traction.

i use Torq to read my codes. Not sure if abs codes show up there tho. U can try an autoparts store to read ur codes. Abs codes are generally more manufacturer specific so a generic scantool may not cut it.

p0300
I think the maint spec is 30000 miles on plugs. I change mine a little sooner.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Get a Tech II. It will diagnose your ABS/ESP issues. It can tell you which of the conditions for A/C compressor engagement aren't being met.

The alternative is to do a lot of connection/disconnection and parts swapping, hoping to hit the jackpot.
Thanks for the info, you are correct I looked under the front bumper and low and behold the condenser is dented as if the PO hit a curb. Will need to take into a shop for this being I don’t have the tools to fix this kind of issue, but maybe I will crack and take a shot at it.
Harbor Feight has the hose and gauge for 50 and a vac pump for 30.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Abs codes: yes fix it and the lights will all go off. The trac control uses the abs to control traction.

i use Torq to read my codes. Not sure if abs codes show up there tho. U can try an autoparts store to read ur codes. Abs codes are generally more manufacturer specific so a generic scantool may not cut it.

p0300
I think the maint spec is 30000 miles on plugs. I change mine a little sooner.
map I got rid of theP0300 code-by simply changing the gas octane I have a cheap code reader and went to scan it after driving a few days and no more.
only code is the P1442 fuel sender.
As far as the ABS, I might take a peak at them this weekend. I know the pump works because I had to slam on the brakes and felt it activate. More or less I assume a rear sensor needs cleaning or went bad. When I got the car all four brakes needed done the rear needed new caliper, rotors, and shoes. I would suspect this is were my issue is.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Good evening to all
Since I changed my ecu and the car was running fine I've been motivated on fixing more things on it. This whole time I've owned it i never completely gave it a tune up so I purchase some plugs and read on this forum of someone replacing the #4 coil. So I bought one for the hell of it because I noticed when I need the power she ain't giving it up.
Well I'm glad since the plug and coil shes a rocket 🚀 no lack in power especially when AC is on.
Now this has motivated me on doing more so my question is fuel pump.
I have the needle on E even when full and the p1442 code malfunction I know its that common fule pump sensor issue so I'm thinking of changing the pump. I'm tired of reseting my trip odometer every fill up to 0 them gassing up at 150 miles to be sure 👍.
I know you have to drop the tank to get this replaced but seen some videos on utube how a guy went through the back seat and replaced.
What are your thoughts os there an acces hole? and FYI I'm not taking a grinder to it to blow up im thinking some type of sharp sheet metal cutting tool to cut around the pump and replace. What are your thoughts?

After this is complete im attacking the abs malfunction light and that should be the end of it.
Let me know comments, questions, concerns, and criticism.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Good evening to all
Since I changed my ecu and the car was running fine I've been motivated on fixing more things on it. This whole time I've owned it i never completely gave it a tune up so I purchase some plugs and read on this forum of someone replacing the #4 coil. So I bought one for the hell of it because I noticed when I need the power she ain't giving it up.
Well I'm glad since the plug and coil shes a rocket 🚀 no lack in power especially when AC is on.
Now this has motivated me on doing more so my question is fuel pump.
I have the needle on E even when full and the p1442 code malfunction I know its that common fule pump sensor issue so I'm thinking of changing the pump. I'm tired of reseting my trip odometer every fill up to 0 them gassing up at 150 miles to be sure 👍.
I know you have to drop the tank to get this replaced but seen some videos on utube how a guy went through the back seat and replaced.
What are your thoughts os there an acces hole? and FYI I'm not taking a grinder to it to blow up im thinking some type of sharp sheet metal cutting tool to cut around the pump and replace. What are your thoughts?

After this is complete im attacking the abs malfunction light and that should be the end of it.
Let me know comments, questions, concerns, and criticism.
Forgot to add
06 93 2.0t

1 - 8 of 8 Posts