SaabCentral Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
188 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Went to put it in vent mode, and I hear an awful grinding. The result is what you see. Now I can't get it to do anything. Anyone? Beuller? It's hard to tell in the shadows but the passenger side is actually down and under.

·
Registered
188 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
From what I can tell, the motor is working fine, but somehow the glass slipped out of alignment and it's now stuck..?

·
Registered
24 Posts
Looks like there won't be an easy solution to this.
I would get to removing everything from the inside - The headliner, the controls, etc... Then you may have to actually remove the entire sunroof assembly to see what is causing the issue.
Big job, but can be done given enough time and patience.

·
Registered
964 Posts
Not good mate,

you could try the pinch protection (force closed) by pressing the window lock button on the drivers door, while closing the roof at the same time.
Might not fix the problem, but atleast it may close it so you dont get rain etc in there. Good luck mate!

·
Registered
188 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
While I have the patience I just don't have the time to dork with my sunroof. :(.
That said, it's being professionally looked at this afternoon. Knocking on wood it's something minor....

I did try the pinch override thing, it's just not moving. It's acting like it hopped a gear or something.

·
Registered
643 Posts
this happened to a jeep i had.

it came out of the bracket and is now out of alignment.

I would leave it to a professional.

·
Registered
188 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
$60 later I have a closed roof and a diagnosis: the passenger side lift arm is broken. Apparently Saab sells the right and left arms in one assembly, so I've asked the shop to confirm the part after Beasley faxes the part diagram over. The part is only $60 and in stock, I don't have a labor estimate yet, so we'll see.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts