SaabCentral Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok, we left the hood up overnight,(in garage) and the battery died. So we charged battery and put back in car. Since then we have had steering wheel lock malfunction alarm, the car sometimes doesn't start and sometimes when it does it wont move out of park. Although, sometimes everything goes ok. ALSO....since the battery died convertible will not go down!!! We have replaced the battery, but previously mentioned starting problems still occur and top will not go down. I have read that starting problems could be related to Ignition assembly, but what does this have to do with convertible top??? I will mention again, we had NONE of these issues last week!!!

·
Registered
5,473 Posts
When you try to operate the top do you hear any noise like the hydraulic pump operating? Does the SID display any errors? Have you checked fuses? Have you ever had any leaks in the hydraulic system?

·
Registered
5,473 Posts
Also an 05 may have the impact switch on the positive battery terminal and it has a "reset" button on it. This part has also been known to fail. Also check all the grounding points (some are under the battery box). Just check for possible corrosion as it is common.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
We have only had the car about a month and are not very familiar with the Saab at all. The car makes no noise, when trying to put top down and we have no errors related to top on SID display. We did not get owners manual when we bought car so we are in process of trying to find placement of convertible fuse. Any help in that area would be appreciated. Do you think there is common issues that could explain all problems listed in original post.

·
Super Moderator
20,436 Posts
You didn't try to jump it did you?

·
Registered
5,473 Posts
For owners manuals go here:

http://www.vadengmpp.com/owners-manual/saab_owner_manuals.html

Electrical issues are not uncommon with the 9-3, most are resolved (at least temporarily) by disconnecting the negative terminal for a bit (which you have done) or replacing the battery with a new one (which you have done). The next step is what I have said previously.

Hopefully other members will come up with some other ideas.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts