SaabCentral Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
866 Posts
There is a thread somewhere here that shows it under the center console in front of the gear selector over to the left, close to where your knee would rest.

I have to locate it this weekend and disconnect mine while I'm running my winter tires. I may just leave it disconnected...

·
Registered
866 Posts
Yeah well it's not there. Apparently SAAB felt then needed to relocate it in 07 or 08.

Anyone find it yet?

I'm going to order a 2008+ WIS off ebay in a moment out of shear frustration.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Just had a look on WIS - behind the right hand side trim in the luggage compartment (in the UK we call it the boot). Should have green red and black wires going to it

·
Registered
866 Posts
Awesome thanks! I read that unplugging this does not work on 08+ but i'm going to give it a go!

·
Registered
866 Posts
Will do...it will be a few days. Waiting on a part until I'm mobile again.

·
Registered
1,121 Posts
There is a module there on my 2010 aero. Remove the piece of carpet and it's right there on a silver bracket. Green, red, and black wires going to it. I have tpms on my wheels so I can't test it.

·
Registered
866 Posts
On my '08 its behind the far back right hand corner in the trunk. Push in on the lil plastic pop rivet 1/8" pull it out. pull open the "door" and there it is. Pull the plug (three wires, one has green stripe, black, and red).

Every time you start the car it will say TMPS failure! And the TMPS warning light will blink for a min the go solid. At least the whole car doesn't so up with each wheel showing a tire pressure problem in the SID area.

Is there anyway to circumvent this thing? Tech II?

I may do what someone else did. Put all the sensors in the spare tire.

·
Registered
1,121 Posts
On my '08 its behind the far back right hand corner in the trunk. Push in on the lil plastic pop rivet 1/8" pull it out. pull open the "door" and there it is. Pull the plug (three wires, one has green stripe, black, and red).

Every time you start the car it will say TMPS failure! And the TMPS warning light will blink for a min the go solid. At least the whole car doesn't so up with each wheel showing a tire pressure problem in the SID area.

Is there anyway to circumvent this thing? Tech II?

I may do what someone else did. Put all the sensors in the spare tire.
I just installed wheels without tpms but left the module plugged in. It does the same thing you described, so it sounds like it doesn't make a difference. I might just cough up the money for sensors in the future.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts