SaabCentral Forums banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
221 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Airbag light is on and car is idling.
I do not guess, so I recommend TECH2.
I doubt a Subaru dealer has a Tech2. This car is a 5 hour drive away. I am trying to determine the max amount so I could use that in negotiations. I plan on doing any and all work myself. What do you think about the car in general?

It doesn't look like a clockspring for a 2009 is in stock at eeuro, so that has me a little concerned.

·
Registered
5,541 Posts
Clockspring P/N: 32019886 Clockspring is in Orio warehouse in Sweden (15 units).
Generally looks quite OK , but I do not see all details, because I am over 10000 kms away.
I see only 1 key!

·
Registered
199 Posts
Rare to find seats in that good a condition!
I would call and ask about the airbag. In some states there is a law against selling a car with a hazard like no working airbag so you may be able to get them to fix it.
Otherwise it looks great, I like the color.

·
Registered
221 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Clockspring P/N: 32019886 Clockspring is in Orio warehouse in Sweden (15 units).
Generally looks quite OK , but I do not see all details, because I am over 10000 kms away.
I see only 1 key!

Yes, I noticed that too. I would need to get a new key made ASAP.

·
Registered
199 Posts
Well ****, you got me looking at newer Saabs and now I am seriously considering buying a 2009 93....
Would have the 7 speakers and power seats, but would have the fuel sender gauge issue again. Also, black leather looks so much better than my grey.

·
Registered
221 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Well ****, you got me looking at newer Saabs and now I am seriously considering buying a 2009 93....
Would have the 7 speakers and power seats, but would have the fuel sender gauge issue again. Also, black leather looks so much better than my grey.

Remember, they are not making them ever again. I can always get a VW wagon, or mercedes wagon or whatever. No more SAABs.

I might be looking at a Jag X-type Estate tomorrow. They only imported 1500 of them into the US.

·
Registered
199 Posts
Remember, they are not making them ever again. I can always get a VW wagon, or mercedes wagon or whatever. No more SAABs.

I might be looking at a Jag X-type Estate tomorrow. They only imported 1500 of them into the US.
Part of the appeal of a Saab is that they are a relic of the past that will never be again. They are not REALLY that special physically, but they kind of tell a story. I was thinking last month I should buy a hybrid in case the next war is with Iran and gas prices rise again.
But most other cars are bland copy-paste molds of plastic and metal. They don't evoke a different time or a changed world. We are all the last of our line.
We will never again be made, at least with the same memories and experiences which made us who we really are.

The clock for me is ticking, just as fast as it is for Saab cars.

·
Registered
221 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Part of the appeal of a Saab is that they are a relic of the past that will never be again. They are not REALLY that special physically, but they kind of tell a story. I was thinking last month I should buy a hybrid in case the next war is with Iran and gas prices rise again.
But most other cars are bland copy-paste molds of plastic and metal. They don't evoke a different time or a changed world. We are all the last of our line.
We will never again be made, at least with the same memories and experiences which made us who we really are.

The clock for me is ticking, just as fast as it is for Saab cars.

Precisely. Time keeps on ticking...into the future. This is no time to be driving a bland, generic car.

·
Registered
147 Posts
Precisely. Time keeps on ticking...into the future. This is no time to be driving a bland, generic car.
I agree. Especially since it seems the industry is going downhill. Companies are cutting cars for SUV's and pickups. Not to mention the EV's, and the new safety mandates - it's really going to suck when cars are GPS locked to the speed limit.

Enjoy em while you can.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts