SaabCentral Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am looking for the fuse for my SID to try the cheap easy fixes first but I do not know enough to know which on to pull. I have attached a picture. My SID is black on the informational panel (although you can see the display in bright light) but the climate control panel is fine. I am hoping this works, otherwise I guess I am shipping it out

Attachments

·
Registered
10,272 Posts
Try fuse 8. The SID lighting all went out on my wife's 9-5 sedan when I was repairing the wiring on the trunk light and accidentally shorted something and blew the fuse. What I figured out from that was that the trunk light and the SID lights share a fuse.

·
Registered
10,272 Posts
The trunk light wire is also one of the first ones to break inside the hinge. It's possible that if the wire completely broke, it could have shorted out against a metal part. You ought to be able to see the break by detaching the ends of the rubber accordion piece on the trunk hinge and pushing it one way or another so you expose the wires. I ran a new piece of wire through the hinge to replace it and crimped it onto the existing wires inside the body and the trunk lid. Repairing it where it broke usually won't last long

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thank you for your help. I will try changing the fuse when I get off and check the wiring in the trunk this weekend. This Saab is my first and I am in love with it but it was a farm rescue and it requires a bit more knowledge than I have right now so it is off to the mechanic for the major things and hopefully here for minor things until I can figure it out better.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts