·
Super Moderator
20,335 Posts
Rim 2

The first ones look like Volvo rims.

·
Registered
1,704 Posts
I like the Borbets better on the 9-3; they are more Saab-like. The ASAs are more common and are typically seen on VWs. In fact, these are very similar to the wheels on my Passat W8.

·
Registered
811 Posts
Definately option 2. They are BBS style rims, made using the same technology but half the price.

I am saving for similiar rims, but going BBS!

My .89 cents
Drew

·
Registered
1,567 Posts
well i have the borbet so..

i think it's personal preference. i think the borbets are much more european looking, versus a more american style in the asa. i also feel the asa are a very VW look versus a more sophisicated saab/audi look on the borbets. it's completely up to you, good luck!

·
Registered
811 Posts
Those Borbets are indeed nice, but IMO, no rim is more EURO than the real BBS....cant go wrong with those two choices. Post pics when you take the plunge!

Drew

·
Registered
407 Posts
i prefer the asa's. i was going to get a set for mine eventually.

·
Registered
279 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Hmm. Seems pretty even. I was also thinking about getting either rim I choose powder coated a semi gloss black. The ASA all black even the lip. Yah or Nah?

Oh and by the way anyone have some good photshop skills? Maybe do me a favor and photoshop the ASA's on to my car, using the picture above. Thanks!

·
Registered
811 Posts
Those are uber sexy! Those really offset the Black nice, anyone got any pics of those ASA's on a Steel Grey? How do you find the weight of those rims?

Drew

·
Registered
116 Posts
AlbertaDrew said:
How do you find the weight of those rims?

Drew
I didn't notice a change. However, I'm not one that would probably notice a difference. I can tell you in a month when I put on my 15" winter tires on. Still not an apples to apples comparison though.

·
Registered
116 Posts
If you are buying from tirerack (like I did) I went with 235/40/18 tires instead of the 225 I think it is. I don't believe you have the option to do this online (I called after placing my order). Reasons for this is I wanted a slightly thicker sidewall because of the larger gap on the linear.

Good luck!

·
Registered
279 Posts
Discussion Starter #18 (Edited)
Great thanks! Im thinking of just ordering just the rims first. Then once I save up some money get the tires. i was think of getting a little thicker tire, but I have lowering springs(megan racing springs) so Im not sure how that will look. Also I'm going through a local wheel shop and there charging me a lot for the rims. $189 a rim!! Its crazy huh? Yeah I told them about tirerack.com and how its cheaper. I didnt order them yet. Im going to try and get the price down first :)

1 - 18 of 18 Posts