SaabCentral Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 2000 95 linear wagon. I bought it used and it came with one key, no FOB remote. Yesterday it wouldn't start, and gave the -Key not recognized- message. I assumed the key had a battery that needed replacing. When I came to the forum to figure out how to open the key without destroying it, I discovered I have the key without a battery, just an immobilizer chip. All the threads I've read on how to deal with my problem, involve replacing the battery in the FOB, which I don't have. If the key doesn't use/need a battery, why would mine suddenly not be recognized? Any help or ideas are greatly appreciated.

·
Registered
3,286 Posts
Either the TWICE module, the immobilizer module or the chip in the key are malfunctioning.

DON'T HAVE JUST ONE KEY!!!

OK, now that's been said, there are only two options that you have here:

1. Take the car to the dealership (independent shops don't count here) and pay through the nose for TWO new keys and a TWICE computer replacement. Estimated cost: $1100-$1200.

2. Search eBay and Saab classifieds for someone offering to reprogram your TWICE to some new keys and cut the keys to your key code. You will have to remove your TWICE and send to them for reprogram. It will require getting your specific key code from the dealership. Proof of ownership is necessary.

DON'T HAVE JUST ONE KEY!!!

I'm sure that there are some variations on these, but those are the two basic options.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.