SaabCentral Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
5,471 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I am getting different answers from different vendors about the springs I want to put on my 04 Vert 2.0T.

The correct PN is 93190629 which is not available at this time (not sure it ever will be)

One vendor is saying SAPNA is saying to use

93190595 for this application

Another vendor is saying SAPNA is saying to use either

OR

They can't all be correct - can they?

I have the correct rear springs and a set of the 93190628's already from a sport chassis kit with the correct struts and shocks.

The 93190628's are normally spec'd for MT cars while the 93190629's are for AT equipped cars.

I am just totally confused at this point. How much heavier/lighter is the front of the car with the different transmissions? Are the MT springs going to be OK as I have them already?

I just don't want the car to look weird or drive badly.

Can I call SAPNA directly to get a straight answer?

·
Registered
49 Posts
If springs are OE from vendor, check the colour coding - there should be two or three coloured dots on the spring itself. I had the dreaded broken spring in a vector sport Combi, the original part number had been changed by SAAB, the first set made the front look like a jeep, the second weren't much better. SAAB IRL eventually sourced correct spring via colour coding.. Weight difference, i would imagine would be minimal between AT and MT (just a guess),Best of luck.

·
Registered
49 Posts
Sorry, re-read thread. I had the MT springs fitted to AT diesel in the end without issue.... I was lamenting regarding the change in P/Ns that caused utter confusion.

·
Registered
5,471 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Update,

I got a response from Saab Parts which indicated there are actually several acceptable alternate part numbers that can be used in place of the 93190629 front springs. They say they have a supersession list that they use to determine what can be used for what.
It turns out that the 93190628 springs from a MT car are considered to be the "first alternate" part and can be used on an AT car.

It was just somewhat confusing that I was getting a bunch of different part numbers that could be used and not a definitive single "best" part number.

Note: According to Saab the latest supersession part number for this application is 12778028.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts