SaabCentral Forums banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello all please could some one show me a link or email me a Wiring Diagrams for fitting a Infotainment system as i have bought a second-hand Infotainment system from a breakers yard and need to know where to rout the wires properly so they don't get snagged as my car never hand one in the first place, I have spent two days looking for one and just get sent to enough-er link and the next over and over, the breakers yard wont let me watch them take it out of the car so i can get some eider how to fit it in sods, but i know i have to get it tech2 for it to work, so if anyone can help i would be so grateful, hope to hear from someone soon

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Hi nice to be here great site
I have a sportwagon 2006 with pre face lift, MY03-MY06 dash i just picked sat nav up to day and they gave me the hole wiring loom, nice of them they did lay it out and say that is there this is here and thats all, and they left the phone box out that takes the chip, but all pop in and get it one day, but it would help if i had a map of some sorts so if you can help i would be most grateful!
and i have learnt so much reading so little i will try and do my bit to help fellow Saab drivers in future! if i can?

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I got the screen bit and cd and positioning box with the hole floor wiring harness but no phone box that go’s in boot, but I emailed them so will hear from them later today I hope? But they have been nice to me even if they did charge me £700 for it. It’s the ES3-7

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 · (Edited)
Help!

I could really do with some help with a wiring diagram for the Infotainment system for a 9.3 2006 5D sportwagone, as i just cant find it anywhere as i'm trying to fit ES3-7 were there is a ES1-7, I have all the wiring from a 4D and i thought i was told by the seller Neobrothers that it was the same but its not so cant swap wiring over as things are in different places,
so if anyone can help please do!

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 · (Edited)
hello so how am i doing?
well i got the loop bit with the Infotainment system and thanks to some posts on this great forum, will read more so i get it right first time! But now i just cant find the Amps 1 or 2, i have stripped the inside and there are no Amps under the seats and none in the boot, under the passengers seat there is a plug but no Amp? and not under drivers seat some posts say there's a Amp in the drivers side in the boot, but no Amp? I have a great 9.3 06 5D sportwagon and were all posts say the Amps are, they are not!
any ides were Saab put them? as stereo works front and back left and right fine, i have not looked in door panails as i was leaving the speaker alone to i got Infotainment working,
so any help welcome

Attachments

·
Registered
2,716 Posts
sounds very much like you have the base 4 speaker system, which means no speakers in the doors or centre dash and therefore no amps for you to find. The 4 speakers are fed by the EHU, which is the main control centre for the audio system and is a silver box that lives behind the ACC controls.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
sounds very much like you have the base 4 speaker system, which means no speakers in the doors or centre dash and therefore no amps for you to find. The 4 speakers are fed by the EHU, which is the main control centre for the audio system and is a silver box that lives behind the ACC controls.
Hello Stevedol, No m8 i should of said i have the 7 speaker system 2 in door one in centre console thats why i dont understand it? I have been out to car again after reading Haynes manual just in case i misted something? but i have not there just not there, i've got the glove box out too and there not there i've lifted up the carpet all over the car and no luck, pulling my hair out here!
and i cant find a diagram for the Infotainment system as Neobrothers want £700 to fit it, i paid £700 for DVD N.U ICM3 unit plus floor wire and front wire under dash, so was hoping some one had a copy of "Saab Manual" as they gave me a system from a 4D 05 9.3, I just cant find the @#%(>* Amps

·
Registered
1,012 Posts
The 7 speaker system has an amp under the seat, if it's missing you either only have the 4 speaker system or it's been removed. Im guessing you just have the 4 speaker system as I don't recall a 7 speaker having your current headunit

I have the sat nav setup, so let me know if you need any specific photos (as long as it doesn't mean yanking all my car apart haha)

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
The 7 speaker system has an amp under the seat, if it's missing you either only have the 4 speaker system or it's been removed. Im guessing you just have the 4 speaker system as I don't recall a 7 speaker having your current headunit

I have the sat nav setup, so let me know if you need any specific photos (as long as it doesn't mean yanking all my car apart haha)
OK please call me thick as this is my first saab and as the doors have the speaker panels on and centre speaker cover i thought it had 7 speakers, well thats me put down as the thick one! well now i know why the sound is so ****! thats why i us my ear phones with my Nokia to head bang, i might be 47 but still head bang some times, well i know i have seen how to convert 4 to 7 speakers some were, i'll have a look!
but i did want to know how to fit a infotainment system witch way wires go and were sort of thing but if you fancy taking apart your car and do a step by step guide! that would be nice. but do i need to get a Amp and "speakers" before i can fit the Infotainment plus system first? or can i do it without the ex Amp?

·
Registered
1,012 Posts
Yeah regardless of the system you have, all the grilles are there anyway!

I don't think you need the extra amps to get the system working for nav, as the icm3 still powers the 4 speakers you have.

Getting the amp under the seat would be beneficial if you would like some bass (you will need to install door speakers too) and gives you something to run a line level converter from if you wish to gain even more bass through aftermarket amps and speakers/subs. I Have an icm3, 7 speaker system but with new speakers all round, and a small sub in a custom fibreglass enclosure in the boot. I use a fli line level convertor, and inline adjuster to adjust the bass whilst driving. This setup gives me far superior sound quality than before whilst still looking stock.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 · (Edited)
that sounds great what you got but i ant got a clue about all that stuff, so just an amp and some speakers will do for now, but if you come across a "how to and were" on the Infotainment i would be grateful as i have not stopped looking for 2 weeks now, thanks for the help thought you all have helped so much to understand the saab more, as when i took it to a stereo place to get a new system he just said he wont touch Saab's of my year ever, thats when i started looking around for help,i was told the icm3 is a better stereo so here i am? fit it myself or pay £700 just found this amp for £250 Part Number12757371 will have to see if its the amp i need as the other one is £398 same part number

·
Registered
1,012 Posts
Have you got little things like the nav shark fin aerial ready for your nav? If you need help with fitting I would be happy to help, I live about 2 hours from London in Suffolk and I know my way round a Saab :)

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Have you got little things like the nav shark fin aerial ready for your nav? If you need help with fitting I would be happy to help, I live about 2 hours from London in Suffolk and I know my way round a Saab :)
thanks that sounds great, i got one with system but when i stripped car i saw i had one with twin leads already, but if i could see what lead went where that would help heaps,

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 · (Edited)
PaulOlver mate i sent you a pm but pm me back and were sort a day to meet!
Right i know were the optical cables go and how, the O-bus loop But its the Navigation unit and the harness that came with it there's a plug at the end that fits the nav unit, red one arrowed, but were the hell does the rest go? as i've been looking all over, as its to short to go from the boot to the front and so if anyone with a 5D wants to have a look were this harness go's that would help lots, even if i need to make it longer? well saab Amp1 on its way just got to order some speakers then plug optical cables and speaker wires in send in loop and find out were this nav cables go's? and i'm a happy chapy i hope. so come on guys pull your car apart for me? :lol:

Attachments

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Ok after finding this site! "http://www.saab.zwart-hoekstra.net/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=79&Itemid=89&lang=en" witch is a great PDF place for how to fit Saab Kits, may be the man upstairs might want to put this link some were everyone can see and find easy as its very good,
Anyway looking at the pdf file that shows how to fit the navigation system, were it says to fit the nav sat harness plug i dont have that as there something in there all ready, but it does show a for door, but i still dont have a place for it?
at least i know a lot more about my car, new front Boston se35 on there way still looking what to get for centre as i might leave it alone if i find out that its just Sid that comes out off it? will stick ear next to speaker when in car next, Amp1 on its way too, so next find out what speakers to put in back? have 2 old but good gx-630 4ohms max 220 watts super bass for doors, and a amp to hook on too amp1 speaker wire with a LINE LEVELER thats on its way too, I,m getting there with the help of other threads on this great site! so ill let you know how i get on!;ol;
thats if anyone cares?

1 - 19 of 19 Posts