SaabCentral Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2004 Saab 9-3 Arc A/T (210hp). Behind the left front tire, there is about a 6" cable connected to the gearbox (part # 12785584) that is corroded in half. I think it's some sort of a negative battery cable. eSaabParts shows it's on back order, none on eBay, and other sites say it's not made anymore. Where can I find it? I prefer new, but may have to go to the salvage.

Can the existing cable be spliced? If so, would I need?

Thanks

·
Super Moderator
9,064 Posts
it is a negative cable replace it asap..as you can tell by the thickness it's the negative for the starter side of things..

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Still having trouble finding it. Went to the salvage and looked on another '04, but it didn't have this cable - didn't look like it ever did. Maybe because it was a Linear and not an Arc?

Is there a generic version I could use? It's just a earth ground cable, so there has to be alternatives.

Also, thinking about using a butt connector - does anyone know what gauge this cable is?

Here is a pic of the broken cable.

·
Registered
5,463 Posts
If it’s just a ground cable you should be able to get something workable at an auto parts store etc. Just bring both pieces so you can get a close match for length and connections.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

1 - 4 of 4 Posts