SaabCentral Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi. I tried to call Saab today but everywhere closed! Basically, my engine light has come on. Happened today and car went into limp mode with restricted revs. I carried on driving and then suddenly car knocked itself out of limp mode and performed normally! Light remained on. Later on today I re-started and the light went out completely like it never existed...Really strange. My wife said this happened to her about a month ago.

I drive a 2.2 TID and it is averaging 28.9 MPG which to me seems bad. After I had it serviced it went above 40 but has started to really come down again.

I appreciate I need diagnostics and a code fault reading, but I am due to go to Centerparcs for the new year and wonder if it is safe to carry on driving or whether I am causing more problems for myself.

Any ideas anyone? Even a small clue as to why low MPG and light?
Thanks

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Disappointed I did not get a reply but nevertheless thought I would update. I managed to get my car into Lewis Saab in Chichester after others told me to basically get knotted over Christmas. Well done to Lewis yet again, they are a fantastic team and always willing to help.

It was to do with a sensor which apparently gets clogged up and basically you end up with little turbo pressure. In turn this cascaded to reporting 3 faults. Sensor was cleaned and it is now working correctly.

Miles per gallon has shot up, now reporting 36mpg which is not bad considering I had used a quarter of the tank prior to getting it fixed.

Just thought I would post this in case others have similar problems.

·
Registered
11,030 Posts
Think there was was some confusion as to what you drive hence no answers, your user cp says 2.0 ecopower still. Diesels are sadly still an unknown quantity because of their normally good reliability. Most common cause of lack of power is a sticking EGR valve, but i wouldn't like to offer up just a guess cos it could cost you money in the long run. We can however diagnose fault codes on the diesels if you can get the code pulled.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts