SaabCentral Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So the other morning I woke up to rain (the first time in over 2 months) and my windows were rolled half down. I used the driver's side to roll up all the windows, dried up the seats etc. Now for some reason none of the driver's side door functions (windows, window lock, door lock, mirrors, trunk) work. It's been 24 hours, so it should be dry by now. Did I short something out? How can I fix this?? Bear in mind it only sprinkled, really. no heavy downpours.

·
Registered
980 Posts
The first thing I'd try is re-booting the door module in the driver's door. Just disconnect & reconnect the plug in the door jamb. There is a sort of sliding lock on these connectors; pull up on the top of the connector. Once the sliding piece starts to move (this may take a bit of force), also start tugging the wire gently away from the connector. If this does get it working and you have pinch-protection, it will need re-calibration for one-touch up to work again.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Here's an update: Windows back operational, as well as locks and trunk. Mirror control is still on the fritz.

Now, I've encountered another problem. I'm not sure if it's related or not. The alarm now randomly goes off. I'm not sure if it's to do with the rain or what, but it is ridiculous. Any ideas what is going on???

·
Registered
28 Posts
It's your TWICE module under driver's seat and it's now sitting in water. This controls door locks alarm and key acceptance and probably other functions as well. Immediately remove driver's seat and remove module. Otherwise your next problem will be the car won't recognise your key. Very expensive.
At least that is what happened to me.

·
Registered
980 Posts
It's your TWICE module under driver's seat and it's now sitting in water. This controls door locks alarm and key acceptance and probably other functions as well. Immediately remove driver's seat and remove module. Otherwise your next problem will be the car won't recognise your key. Very expensive.
If you try this, be sure to disconnect the battery before unplugging the seat-airbag connectors or you'll be stuck with a SRS alarm that you won't be able to clear without Tech-II.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
wow, this is the first I've heard of this. Did you experience the exact same problems? especially regarding the horn? that's the most annoying thing.

Also, today I got the SID warning "Lock System Failure" is that associated with the TWICE module?

Finally, when I go to remove this, am I just sitting it out to dry? or...

I REALLY appreciate this help, this is the best lead I've gotten so far.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts