SaabCentral Forums banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
770 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I got two codes 2 weeks ago one for the crankshaft sensor and one for the camshaft sensor so as of 5:35 today Iam sitting on the side of the road waiting for a tow the car starts up but won't rev past 1 grand and it s fluxuwating up and down when I give it gas

·
Registered
12,355 Posts
Sounds like the DI Cassette to me. Do you have a spare? They were going for $50 used a few months ago.

If you are waiting for the tow truck, you might try disconnecting the negative battery cable for 5-10 minutes and see if it helps... Ron

·
Registered
211 Posts
there is no cam sensor.
dont bother with the dic.
if you try to crank it for a while and pull a plug and find it to be dry. its yoru crank sensor. like 80 bux at the dealer and not to bad to replace. under a little shield on the front of the block.
the hard part is getting the old wireing out.

·
Registered
770 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Yeah I no can sensor is the DIC so Iam hopeing it's the crank shaft sensor I bought one already just gotta put it in but the little screw is a ***** to get to

·
Registered
556 Posts
Here's the set-up I used to attack mine from up top. The bolt popped loose on the first turn. T30

·
Registered
770 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Ok I gave up. Took it to. Mechanic 70 bucks . It's funny yesterday the car wouldnt go anywhere today I got in it and drove fine could it be the crankshaft sensor got really hot an malfunctioned ????

·
Registered
556 Posts
Very, very possible.

·
Registered
770 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
So the sensor is in ahhh feels and drives great. Back to normal but it's weird it's says on all the stuffing read says remove heat shield but it seems. Y at doesn't have one or it didn't come with one ????? I couldn't see we're one would go

1 - 11 of 11 Posts