SaabCentral Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
OK everyone need your help here. So my son was driving his 99 Saab 9-5 SE 2.3l (gave it to him last thursday when he got his license.) He had finished his road test. then I gave him the keys. He drove to school with No problem. He then went to the downtown area near our home and as he was driving along the car just died..... didnt chug or lurch or anything it just stopped running. he had the sense to pull it over and call me. I went and looked thinking... Fuel Pump. It does turn over with no problem, but will not start at all. We had it towed to a guy near here. (who I hate going to but he is Master Saab Tech.) He told me that Fuse 14 keeps being blown and that he has already checked the DIC and that he is going to try to see if it is shorting out somewhere..... I have nowhere else to go...... really need some help... have dropped alot of new parts into this car over the past couple years and would hate to have to pump more money than the car is worth...... any ideas??? :(

·
Registered
137 Posts
Maybe alarm?

My guess is the alarm module has crapped out and is causing problems. It's a common failure especially on the older models. (Like my car for example!)

Simple fix is to take the alarm out and get the Saab mechanic to stop the "service theft alarm" warning using his Tech II.

Were you having any problems with the alarm or climate control?

·
Registered
1,730 Posts
Pretty sure this will be a wiring fault to the DIC or the DIC itself.
Apparently leaving the ignition on can cause overheating of the wiring and hence a short(remember reading it but cant find the thread now)

Easy to check if its the DIC .....just unplug it and then see if the fuse keeps blowing............then swap in another DIC etc

1 - 3 of 3 Posts