SaabCentral Forums banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I know there is a resistor somewhere for the breaks because when i hold the break and gas i only get half boost i know i can get full but theres a safety somewhere anyone know how to bypass this to where i can break and gas and get full boost for a better launch??? i know it's an automatic get a manual just help if you can

·
Registered
1,579 Posts
might want to try the handbrake instead of the footbrake. that method would be good for a launch but not a burnout.

·
Registered
4,509 Posts
You only get half boost so you don't roast the tires. If you see smoke its bad launch... Different story with higher hp cars obviously.

As for burnout, you don't have enough hp to a complete smoke show from a stand still. What I do at the track to warm up my tires is arrive at line, pull the handbrake... Brake boost and let it rip, let down the handbrake to continue moving.

·
Registered
885 Posts
You could just buy a Toyota!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

·
Registered
437 Posts
I know there is a resistor somewhere for the breaks because when i hold the break and gas i only get half boost i know i can get full but theres a safety somewhere anyone know how to bypass this to where i can break and gas and get full boost for a better launch??? i know it's an automatic get a manual just help if you can
i reread your post and your car doesn't hit full boost in first (and second?) gear for safety for the engine and turbo. what your doing now is as good as it's going to get for launching an auto

·
Registered
1,216 Posts
i think wheel spin at 40 mph is much sexier

·
Registered
2 Posts
I think you should chnge your oil of your cvehicle and fill newer power oil which helps to boost up your vehicle. With this make your clutch somehow tight. After doing this all things try it out. The first is to press the gas pedal until about three quarters of the way to red line, then release the clutch immediately. The car, assuming it has enough power, should do a burnout. Also, to keep the car in the proper gear, you can hold the shift knob with your hand.

·
Registered
1,045 Posts
How do you know your only getting half boost? :cheesy:

·
Registered
4,509 Posts
the vacuum gauge (labeled boost gauge) shows pressure still.
I do have a real boost gauge in my car, I make about 6 psi brake boosting at the line.

·
Registered
1,045 Posts
the vacuum gauge (labeled boost gauge) shows pressure still.
I do have a real boost gauge in my car, I make about 6 psi brake boosting at the line.
ugggh....
the idea behind my post was to try and get the new member educated that the 'boost' gauge does not show boost. If my memory serves me correctly, hah, it is a composition of multiple things, not just boost...... I think of mine as a 'load meter', which is probably a better term as it is more showing the amount of work your engine is requested to do than how much actual psi is being made.

and, it's up for debate, but I would argue that it does not show boost. Boost just happens to be part of the equation.

and I too used to have a 'real' boost gauge in my car back in the wilder mod days, true it did sorta track with the stock 'boost' gauge, but also at times I saw low psi on my real gauge and almost red on my in dash one.

·
Registered
4,509 Posts
yep it shows vacuum pressure instead of boost pressure, hence why it can read red on the "boost" gauge, yet low on a real one.

·
Registered
821 Posts
just get umm a 250 shot, it wont blow the motor promise :cheesy:

1 - 17 of 17 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.