SaabCentral Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1,774 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
so we get home from grocery shopping and it';s snowing good.

I got inside and lock the 9-5... and instead of just beeping the alarm goes off... and wont' stop even when I unlock the car and start it. :confused:

it finally stops after a minute but then starts right back up again and does this over and over... keep in mind it's getting dark and this is embarassing :roll:

so I undo the battery negative only to remember the alarm module has it's own battery.

finally after like 5 minutes of this, which seems like an eternity, it just quits.

so I hop in immediately and back it into the garage, and rip the alarm module right out.

questions:

1. can the car drive without the alarm module or will dice.twice not allow this?
  2. is this a shot battery or some more serious hard to trace issue?
  3. this happened once or twice before in the past 3 months, but not as severe, the car, upon returning from a drive would randomnly set off the alarm but shut it off after 10 seconds, or when I unlocked it, whichever came first, was this a warning of low battery?
advice greatly appreciated, my wife needs to take the car Monday and this is delaying my catback install on the aero while it sits in the garage:cry:

·
Registered
2,846 Posts
From the Service Theft Alarm Thread:

If you go to some service facility you’ll see that there is diagnostic trouble code B1785 in TWICE control module – “Siren. Low Battery”.
Yes, you could have a faulty glass break or tilt sensor. Only way to know the cause for certain is to have a mechanic with a Tech II check the codes.
valbowski said:
The job is done and was pretty easy. I got the batteries from the local electric shop in New London and the whole thing took maybe 40 minutes to remove, disassemble, pull the old batteries and put the new ones in and lastly to re-assemble.

Here is the valuable (i think) contribution to this thread:
The car will still start and your remote locks will still work if you disconnect the module. And my LED still flashed.

·
Registered
1,774 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
thanks, after I yanked the speaker module box from the wheel well, I was able to relax and I searched and found similar advice.

for now a battery change will be in order and cross my fingers :roll:

·
Registered
1,793 Posts
Just yank it and drive

I have had mine out for weeks. Just get the Service theft alarm message at the startup, and no chirping.

I'm just waiting for it to get warmer to do the replacement (-45F with windchill tonite).

1 - 5 of 5 Posts