SaabCentral Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just got off work... went to the car, used the remote to disengage the alarm... and it won't disengage! The car won't start unless the alarm is disengaged either! Any ideas??? I'm stranded here!

·
Registered
4,293 Posts
Does the car lock and unlock with the remote, but not the alarm? Or does it NOT unlock? How about the trunk remote release? Have you tried taking the batteries out, cleaning the contacts, and putting them back in... etc?

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Nothing works... it wont unlock, trunk won't open. When I press the button, I see the little green light on the controller flash.

·
Registered
4,293 Posts
Battery may be weak. Try taking the battery out, then back in, and hold the remote as close to a window. If not, then a new battery.

I have seen someone suggest unlocking the car w. the key and letting the alarm go off, then holding the remote INSIDE the car and pushing the button... never tried that myself, but one of my two remotes seems to have very little range when the battery gets old, but the LED still flashes.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks PMI, I'm having someone bring me the spare... I'll try that and then new batteries. If all else fails... I guess I'll have to resort to a tow.

·
Registered
1,568 Posts
So if I run out of battery in the remote I am unable to turn off my alarm? Not even with the key in the door?

Oh Crap, better get a new battery to carry around.

·
Registered
21,583 Posts
PMI said:
Battery may be weak. Try taking the battery out, then back in, and hold the remote as close to a window. If not, then a new battery.

I have seen someone suggest unlocking the car w. the key and letting the alarm go off, then holding the remote INSIDE the car and pushing the button... never tried that myself, but one of my two remotes seems to have very little range when the battery gets old, but the LED still flashes.
Just rolling a low(1.6) or even high(12.3) voltage battery can "extend" its life - much like cleaning the contacts..
LEDs use little energy, will glow even when the battery is near dead. They are now appearing on trailer tail-lights..

1 - 7 of 7 Posts