SaabCentral Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi, I hope someone can give me some advice on my problem, I have not had proper working a/c in years and tired of it. I have recently replaced the blower motor and resistor, because it stopped blowing. Now i have a new problem, it wont blow cold unless im going about 70mph down the highway. As soon as I slow down the air turns warmer. I have checked the relay for the compressor and it is fine, I have noticed when I turn the ac on the fan in engine does not come on, is this the problem? And what causes this, I know the fan does work b/c i hear it on after I shut car off sometimes. Please help with any advice, thanks

·
Registered
218 Posts
Hi, I hope someone can give me some advice on my problem, I have not had proper working a/c in years and tired of it. I have recently replaced the blower motor and resistor, because it stopped blowing. Now i have a new problem, it wont blow cold unless im going about 70mph down the highway. As soon as I slow down the air turns warmer. I have checked the relay for the compressor and it is fine, I have noticed when I turn the ac on the fan in engine does not come on, is this the problem? And what causes this, I know the fan does work b/c i hear it on after I shut car off sometimes. Please help with any advice, thanks
that sounds like the blower it'self (or at least) the blower motor or a connection to it. I.E. did you make sure every was connected right after you replaced it? are you sure you replaced it with a working blower?

·
Registered
24 Posts
The problem is definitely the cooling fan. When you move faster, the natural airflow is enough to cool the AC condenser, so you get cold air. The cooling fan should do that when the car isn't moving and obviously, it isn't doing its job.

Unless Blower is somehow wired together with the fan, I'd say it isn't the blower.
I don't know how it is in a Saab, but usually, when AC comes on, AC fan comes on as well. If there is only one fan, it has multiple speeds and a separate controller for the higher speed to cool the AC condenser.

The first place I'd look are the fuze panels to see if there is a relay or a fuse that controls AC fan operation.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts