SaabCentral Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
HELP !!!!!!!! :cry: I have just bought a1995 saab 900ng convertible from a salvage yard (theft damaged) but it did not have a key, my local saab dealer has cut me a key ,i put it in the door lock to see if it worked it locked the car but won,t unlock it (the driver door lock is now on the side not up right),but luckly the roof was open so climbed onto the car ,the key switch the ignition on (lit the dash light up) but wont start the car ,also the little red alarm light is flashing on the dash ,please, please can anyone help as it is a lovely car & i dont wont to spend lots of money on a new roof until i have heard the engine running .Many thanks Paul:cry: ;)

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
:cool: Hi again just a couple more thing if i was to buy a second hand remote of EBay is there any way of getting it re programed are is it a dealer job, thanks for the outer help ,i would love to have a go at the outer thing of removing the fuse "23" but i can un lock the doors,having said that when i bought the car the fuse cover was of & the alarm was not going ,i just wiched i did not trie the key in the door firsted.Thanks again Paul:cry:

·
Registered
7,876 Posts
You activated the dead bolt. Maybe the lock cylinder is frozen from lack of use or moisture. Put lock de-icer then lubricate it and unlock with the key.

For the remote fob, no problem, buy it on ebay (make sure it's the flat pancake type) and take it to the dealer once the alarm is deactivated and they'll program it for you at the cost of $24.99 :cheesy:

1 - 7 of 7 Posts