SaabCentral Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys here is my problem,I tried opening my trunk but pushing the button on the door or pressing the button on my key remote won't open the trunk, I have to walk to the back of the car and press the Key button while putting my elbow arm on the top of the trunk and putting all my wiegh, after hearing the internal mechanism attemting to open the trunk once two thre four times finally I hear this clunk noise and the trunk realeases, I don't think that it's the harness because my dashboard shows me when the trunk is left open, also to make the trunk lock I have to slam the trunk 3-4-5 times really hard till it locks, can someone give me a clue here please, Thank you so much:confused:

·
Registered
3,951 Posts
The lock strike might need to be adjusted; if the solenoid still works.

·
Registered
7,966 Posts
This is a pain, I know I went through it when my wiring harness bit the dust. (fortunately under warranty!)

the only way to open it is to crawl into the trunk, take off the trunk lid liner and then operate the latch by hand. Once you do that, you'll have to check to see if the solenoid is still working (you have to simulate that the latch is closed by flipping the latch with your hand) or if you have some other mechanical problem.

if the solenoid is not working, you have a wiring issue. Remember, one wire (trunk open indicator) can be good, another (trunk release) can be bad.

If the solenoid is working, I'd start looking for loose bolts on the latch on the lid or the part of the latch on the body since one of those is likely out of line and is binding things up.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts