SaabCentral Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hello all! lets see here.....to start off on Friday at lunchtime I installed a manual boost controller on my 2004 Saab 9-3 2.0t Linear, i turned it up 5 turns and went for a drive and everything seemed okay but i wasnt getting the power i wanted so i went back to work and looked at some directions and noticed that i had it installed between the wastegate actuator and sensor which is backwards, so i flipped it to the turbo side and turned it up a turn then revved it up and everything seemed normal. But since my lunchbreak was over i couldnt really test drive the vehicle.
So after work i was driving home when all of a sudden my car stopped shifting through the gears and the engine would only rev up while my car slowed down in the middle of the street!!!! of course I was panicking so i was able to shut the car off for a sec and then restart it which allowed my car to move a little bit off to the shoulder of the road. I then I thought maybe i had the boost controller set too high so I turned it down a few turns then got back in my car. Well my car decided to do the same thing 3 more times till I was able to find a place so I could hurry up and convert my stuff back to stock. I then proceeded on my way home hoping that fixed my problem but no it didnt so i had to pull off into a small addition and had a buddy come out (he works with me at a VW dealership) to see if we could somehow get this car rolling again so we unhooked the battery for 30 minutes and even did a capacity discharge to see if it would reset the control modules because we suspected that either overboost or underboost from the MBC could of caused Limp Home Mode in either the ECM, Throttle, or Transmission. Of course none of our efforts succeeded so I was forced to have the car towed to our Saab dealership in which I am hoping that it will be a simple fix because there is no way in hell I have the cash to fix a big thing like a tranny.
Does anyone have a clue in why my car could be doing this and is there anyway I can fix it or rest assure that I am going to get a call from Saab tomorrow telling me that its gonna be just a simply fix??!! If anyone needs anymore details I will be glad to tell. THANKS SO MUCH!!!!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts