SaabCentral Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
First off, glad to be here! I recently picked up Lynx Yellow 2008 9-3 Convertible out here in Korea for a pretty decent deal. The car itself is in good shape, with just a couple a kinks that i need to work out (i.e. suspension and brake noises mainly).

Anyways, here's a pic of the car:

I'm no stranger to modding, as I spent a significant amount of time, money and sweat on my old '03 Audi A4 1.8T. Feel free to check out my old build thread here:
http://www.audizine.com/forum/showthread.php/22092-the-evolution-of-my-car-2003-A4-1-8TQM

Here's what I spent last Saturday doing (Great FAQ's here, btw!):

I removed the previous owner's messy "iPhone adapter" install and placed a new mount in the cubby below the ashtray my Galaxy S2 HD LTE with an OEM Samsung car dock. I'll post a pic when I remember to bring my tab with me to take a shot...

Finally, I spent today setting up a vent mounted boost gauge for measuring boost. Unfortunately, I haven't installed everything into the car (power and boost lines) primarily because I couldn't figure out how to remove the lower dash portion. I've been searching all over SC for instructions on how to remove it, but from just looking at it, I can only see 2 nuts behind the fuse box cover and trying to feel for screws between the foot-well cover and lower dash piece.

Any insight into this would be tremendous and help me wrap up this boost gauge install. I do realize that the Autometer gauge matches horribly against the contrasting black and white, but I just went with what I could find at Pep-Boys when I was stateside a coupe weeks ago.

Cheers!
Eugene

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
a quick bump to the top...can anyone shed some insight into how to remove the lower dash? I've been searching left and right, but I can't seem to find the thread if it exists...:cry:

·
Registered
5,433 Posts
That a pretty car... How many Saabs are in Korea? Must not be too many.

I would see if you can get a hold of a copy of the WIS and EPC. There are many threads here about where to D/L or buy from ebay. Not super legit but worth it.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
That a pretty car... How many Saabs are in Korea? Must not be too many.

I would see if you can get a hold of a copy of the WIS and EPC. There are many threads here about where to D/L or buy from ebay. Not super legit but worth it.
Thanks! Saab's are fairly far and few between here with most being owned by ex-pat's that have brought them here. They were sold through GM Korea for a short time but are no longer available AFAIK.

I'll try tracking down a WIS and EPC. I was hoping for a thread about this, but I may end up having to go that route instead. Thanks!

I hope you do half the amount of mods you did to the B6. What a beauty;ol;
Thanks! I wish I could do half the mods I did to my B6 to the 9-3, but with 2 kids and a wife tugging at my bank account, mods are limited at best. The cheap mods thread has been my friend! hah

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
So I finally got this all sorted out. I went by the Auto Hobby shop on base and had one of the mechanics help me shove the nylon tubing through the firewall. That was a huge pain in the *** to get through, but I'd say that was the best $10 I spent having him shove that through for me. Turns out you only had to remove the rear panel, and the lower dash could stay in place. So, saved myself some headache there too...

Anyways, I'm happily boosting 12psi and seeing 21mm/Hg at idle. sweet action!

So I figured I might as well make this my 9-3 build thread as well, so I'll bump this whenever I have something done :)

Here is a quick look at what the previous owner had done for an "iPhone mount"... in the area next to the center vent and holes drilled in random places...

Upon first look, I thought, hm...clever...then I tore it apart and thought, WTF. This makes jerry rigging with duct tape and zip ties look good! Needless to say, this was the reason for the following mess:

and a much more streamlined install of a Samsung mount for my GS2 variant. (a quick steal from Jeromeh, but I'll update this when I get to taking a pic of the phone in dock)

and one final pic of the day I picked her up :)

1 - 6 of 6 Posts