SaabCentral Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Yes I have I believe it is a 1999 or 2000 Saab 9-5 my purse was stolen and it had the only key in it to my Saab I need to know how to release the linkage to get it up on a dollie and tow it Please? Thanks Guys in advance!

·
Registered
6,668 Posts
You need to dismantle whole center console. Easiest way is remove right front seat and turn console 90 degrees.

·
Registered
8,226 Posts
If it can be towed with the front wheels off the ground, then you don't have to do anything.

If it needs to be moved a short distance. there are dollies that fit under a car's wheels that raise them up off the ground. A tow truck operator should have those.

I assume you have an automatic transmission because with a manual someone can sit inside the car and press the clutch pedal.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
It is being towed to about an hour away from where it is now and yes it's an automatic. Thank you
You need to dismantle whole center console. Easiest way is remove right front seat and turn console 90 degrees.
Thank you very much

·
Registered
329 Posts
You can pop the linkage off the transmission arm. There is a cable that runs from the shifter. I know because mine started popping off by itself and I had to repair it. It's under the hood on the driver's side, by the transmission. Once off, you should be able to work the tranny shift arm by hand or with a big pair of pliers. I could be wrong but I don't think it matters that there is no key in the ignition at that point - as long as you aren't trying to actually start the engine.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts