SaabCentral Forums banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi everyone. I am indeed a new Saab owner, but it's not in my garage yet. I just purchased it from another state and it's being shipped. It's a 1987 Saab 900 Turbo convertible, all-original, everything works, no dings dents or rust. It's red with black top, 5-speed, leather seats, etc. It's been indoors in a collection since it was purchased from the original owner's estate.
It has 28,000 original miles...that's why I probably spent way too much for it. :(
Anyhow, this is my first Saab or first Scandinavian vehicle, period! I'm excited to get it. I was reading about "SPG" cars and wondering if mine is one?
Looking forward to some fun here!

Gramps

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I'm jealous! I'd love to have one of those (though I really like it in yellow).
Thanks! I hope it's as minty as I believe it will be. Do you know if mine is considered an SPG car? It's some kind of upgrade. Mine has leather seats, and some came with cloth, so I wondered about that designation.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Sorry, don't know anything about the 900's - except that I want one!
Thanks. No problem. I figured it out with some investigation. I don't have it. That was a special sport style with a different look on the body. Found that mine has the "leather option" on it.
Hope you get your 900 someday!

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I truly hope it's not true what they say about many Saab folks. Odd place. An introduction with over 140 views, and only two very nice people give a welcome in five days? Tough crowd! Or I missed the party. :)
Time to visit my motorcycle forum where the happy, friendly and humorous folks reside.

·
Registered
9,953 Posts
I truly hope it's not true what they say about many Saab folks. Odd place. An introduction with over 140 views, and only two very nice people give a welcome in five days? Tough crowd! Or I missed the party. :)
Time to visit my motorcycle forum where the happy, friendly and humorous folks reside.
You will find the forums great if you have questions or problems. Since these are Saabs, there are always problems and questions. After dealing with those, there is little time for happy chat.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
You will find the forums great if you have questions or problems. Since these are Saabs, there are always problems and questions. After dealing with those, there is little time for happy chat.
Believe me, there are always problems with Harleys as well as other motorcycles, and there is always time for happy chat about their rides as well. Big downer here, but if that's the way they roll, it's the way they roll. Such a serious lot. Lighten up, and multitask (not you Per Se). Have some fun AND discuss problems. :)

·
Registered
10,261 Posts
Harley owners have plenty of time to discuss, because they can not drive with them due many problems.

·
Registered
10,261 Posts
My brother bought few years ago his first AND last Harley.
I asked him when he changed it to Yamaha. He said: I like to RIDE my bike.

We Saabers are familiar with all issues, so no big deal.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts