SaabCentral Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
193 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all :cheesy:

Just bought a new toy, its a MY 09 9-3 1.9 TTis Aero Convertible to go with the two 9-5's that my wife (Saabbird) and I own.
In the end I couldn't convince her that it was a Turbo X that we really needed, So I gave in and we got a girly convertible instead :confused:.

This car is so different from the 9-5's, the 9-5,s are like driving your favorite armchair while this 9-3 just feels so....Alive :cheesy:.

Heres some pics...

Attachments

·
Registered
4,509 Posts
Very sexy vert. nice choice

·
Registered
193 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Hi Tonyav

Why Diesel.....Cheaper car tax, way more MPG (saw 61mpg on the M61 yesterday) and 400Nm of torque.

Seriously thought about a Turbo X tin top or a 2.8 convertible but in the end the MPG really put me off both cars.

I do prefer the feel of a petrol car (I also have a 9-5 2.0 lpt) as it is more smoother across the rev range, but the wall of torque on overtaking with the TTiD is just hilarious.

·
Registered
675 Posts
Hi Tonyav

Why Diesel.....Cheaper car tax, way more MPG (saw 61mpg on the M61 yesterday) and 400Nm of torque.

Seriously thought about a Turbo X tin top or a 2.8 convertible but in the end the MPG really put me off both cars.

I do prefer the feel of a petrol car (I also have a 9-5 2.0 lpt) as it is more smoother across the rev range, but the wall of torque on overtaking with the TTiD is just hilarious.
Hi Paul Harris, thanks for letting me know your reasons for buying a diesel. I will bare this in mind when i come to changing my car. :)

·
Registered
6 Posts
Love this car!

I have one just like it and I'm still in love with it for the past 5 years. I'm having a few problems but almost all related to a low rpm driving.

Get some information on your engine latest software, and which type of exhaust valves does it come with.

Mine is a MY08 and is having problems with the DPF and diesel going to the engine.

Other than that I had a problem (also refered on the forum) about the intake manifold. Mine had a broken butterfly valve going in the engine and it was a complete overhal as well.

EGR valve also bloked once and needed to be replaced.

I already had a bunch of money deposit on my dealer (mostly because all off this was off warranty) but I'm still not selling the car. Just love it. :)

Enjoy it!

·
Registered
6 Posts
"Does a Hirsch Performance engine upgrade increase the fuel consumption?
The fuel consumption is highly dependent on the driving style. Average consumption in normal daily use for a performance upgraded gasoline engine is reduced by 0.5 to 1.0 litres per 100 km. Average consumption in normal daily use for a performance upgraded diesel engine is increased by 0.5 to 1.0 litres per 100 km."

from: http://www.hirsch-performance.ch/Content.aspx?path=/Content/Content.FAQ

Hello!

I'm not thinking on doing it due to the price of instalation and its increased fuel consumption. I would like too, but with the crisis I'm more into saving than performance on this days. ;)

Cheers!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts