SaabCentral Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
112 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello All!!

I've been lurking around these forums the past few weeks and been reading tons of posts. I finally decided to register and join this great community. Everone here seems really nice and knowledgeable.

Here is my ride:
2000 Saab 95 Linear, 27k miles
1987 Saab 900 Turbo, 97k miles ( just sold it - kinda sad)

I also have a very general question (yes i've done some searches and came up empty). I've been wanting to replace the wipers on the windshield and noticed that the driver side wiper has a wind gaurd built into it. I wanna keep it and found that the local stores dont carry wipers that come with the guard. ( The dealer has always replaced the wipers for me before). Does anyone know where i can purchase these wipers?

Thx in advance

·
Registered
123 Posts
Why not just buy an insert and keep the current blade holder? I think Bosch makes just the rubber insert, you might have to bend some tabs or something but it should work.

·
Registered
112 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
thanks for the quick replies.

Well i was going to do that, but after looking at just the blades, they looked different ( the tabs part). I didnt think they would fit. the tabs were at different points and i assumed that they peobably wouldnt hold. but i'll go back and check again.

·
Registered
27 Posts
as a dealer tech i recomend replacing the blades(black metal bit with insert)at 3 years old they are probably worn and through experience i've seen many scratched windscreens due to inserts being incorrectly fitted or even just falling out when on high speed.go for peace of mind and buy the blades

·
Registered
112 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Hey thanks for the info. I will def. order these parts. Another question similar to the topic . . . Has anyone experienced marks on their windshield left from the wipers? I noticed that where the wipers stop (especially the right passenger side - in the middle of the sindshield), there is a mark on the windshield. It can only be seen when it rains. Anyone have any ideas as to how I could remove them? (i've tried an orange cleaner, vinegar and water).

Much appreciated.

·
Registered
532 Posts
To get the marks off the windsheild, try BonAmi cleanser. Its a powder. Wet the windshield, sprinkle on the cleanser, and rub lightly with a sponge. It won't scratch the glass; don't worry.

Oh yeah; I get the wiper refills from Walmart (its a heckuva lot closer than the dealer). The inexpensive Trico's or whatever they have. I replace them every 3 months (regardless of wear). Cheap inurance if you ask me.

·
Registered
2,288 Posts
TwoSwedes said:
Oh yeah; I get the wiper refills from Walmart (its a heckuva lot closer than the dealer). The inexpensive Trico's or whatever they have. I replace them every 3 months (regardless of wear). Cheap inurance if you ask me.
hehe - that's pretty cool! :)

actually, i've used Bosch wipers on other cars, and i've been rather disappointed :( i've always associated Bosch with "the best", maybe i just need to use that BonAmi thing...

what do you do to make wipers slide smoothly over the windshield? like, when they sort of jump all over the windshield and make these very annoying noises, how do you get rid of those?

·
Registered
112 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
TwoSwedes said:
To get the marks off the windsheild, try BonAmi cleanser. Its a powder. Wet the windshield, sprinkle on the cleanser, and rub lightly with a sponge. It won't scratch the glass; don't worry.

I've tried teh BonAmi cleanser and although it initially worked, i feel like my windshield is worse from before. The wipers streak a lot more and i see more impurities on the windshield. I know that the wipers are fine. any thoughts. (its just bothering me since we've had nothing but rain here in NJ for the last month - the wipes arent as clean as they used to be. i almost wanna replace my windshield, thats how much it bothers me.) :cheesy:

1 - 10 of 10 Posts