1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
5,774 Posts
I never turn the key without mine on.

·
Registered
3,009 Posts
I have the same policy. I have to stop myself from putting it on when I back out of the garage for a wash or something like that. :roll:

·
Registered
2,584 Posts
stromer said:
I have to stop myself from putting it on when I back out of the garage for a wash or something like that. :roll:
Dido, and whenever I have passengers in my car I basically demand that they wear their's too. Especially since it's the law and the driver becomes liable for passengers without seatbelts on.

·
Registered
9,874 Posts
stromer said:
I have the same policy. I have to stop myself from putting it on when I back out of the garage for a wash or something like that. :roll:

Same here .. it actually feels wrong not to have it on to move the car a short distance ... kind of like the seat being in the wrong position.

My kids are the same ... they get quite upset if the car moves before they are buckled in (I know they will have them on).

·
Registered
1,017 Posts
It still surprises me that whenever I'm on the highway, I still see people not wearing seatbelts. Idiots!!! Oh well, more living space for me.

·
Registered
1,648 Posts
i find myself no wearing it sometimes while driving in the city.10-20mph. anything above and i know it's not on.

i wish they would show adds on tv on what really happens when you don't wear a belt. your body becomes a human rocket, it's sick

·
Registered
3,009 Posts
I'll still hear occasionally:

"I don't wear a seatbelt because you can get rapped inside a burning car and burn to death."

Hmmmm, the odds of getting trapped by wearing a seat-belt in a front end collision. Ok. Sli. Now the odds of being thrown from the car in a front end collision without a seat belt on. Ok. Very high!!!!!

·
Registered
25 Posts
My mother drilled the importance of a seat into my head since I was little. If my seat belt isn't on I get this weird feeling, that my body is trying to slide forward, as if I had gotten into a crash. I don't know its weird. I also have a story about no seat belt on and a slight fender bender with a tree in my Grandma's field.

·
Registered
2,869 Posts
same here. I never go on a drive without my seatbelt, ever. Although my girlfriend is more anal about it then I am.. i moved my car from one parking space to another and she had to put it on. :roll: ..I guess i cant fault her for that though.

·
Registered
10,348 Posts
To those that don't wear a belt....do you need another reason to buckle up?
Little known CleveSaab fact. I am blind in my right eye from a car accident when I was a child. To the day she died, my mother never forgave herself for not strapping me in, which would have prevented it.
I forgave her. Don't feel bad for me, either. I consider myself lucky. I could have died. Every day since then has been a bonus day AFAIConcerned. And I live it that way. hehehe

/This has been a public service announcement from SaabCentral/
:cheesy:

·
Registered
18,382 Posts
Seatbelt is a good thing... but I always turn the key and start the car first - does that mean I'm a real bada55 daredevil? :lol:

·
Registered
2,539 Posts
I wear my seatbelt all the time except for the following cases:
  1. Backing out of the garage to wash the car
  2. After picking up the mail from our mailbox which is about 10 meters from our home on the way back from work.
In all other cases, the belt is on, including my passengers as well...mind you, I rarily have passengers in my car.

Paul

·
Registered
18,382 Posts
You know, on the passive-seatbelt 900's, if you open the door, the belt is supposed to retract.

But if you're in reverse with the key in the drive position (and door open), the seatbelt remains fastened. According to owner's manual - this is to allow you to reverse the car while somehow looking out the open door. What? :roll:

·
Registered
5,641 Posts
I was driving some friends around yesterday and had to stop suddenly. My one friend crys out "owww, my chest" and the other goes, "see, that's why I don't wear my seatbelt" :evil: I was uber pissed when I saw he wasn't. You wear your seatbelt in my car because in an accident you being thrown around like a sack of potatos poses a danger to the rest of us.

·
Registered
2,000 Posts
Jezzadee said:
Under British law it is acceptable to undo your safety belt while reversing.
Here in North Carolina, if you get a seat-belt ticket, it actually says "while vehicle is in forward motion". So technically you could take it off at a stop light or while backing up. It's stupid, I know.

I always wear my seatbelt. I can't help it. I've had those embarassing mistakes where I forget I have it on and try to get out of the car.. :confused:
I've also considered fashioning an interlock device that wouldn't let the car start unless the seatbelt was engaged. But there may be situations where it would be necessary to have the car running without me strapped into it...

·
Registered
251 Posts
That is an awesome commercial. I think people who don't buckle are just asking for something bad to happen. It's the first thing i do when i get in my car. And I make others do it too, because i'm not going to responsible for someone elses death...

1 - 20 of 26 Posts