SaabCentral Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
4,845 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey, I have a 2000 9-5 Aero and the heating is all funky. For some reason, when I request heat from the thing, it only goes to the passenger side!!! It's like some air valve somwhere is jammed up and won't open up the driver side heat! Any good ideas?

·
Registered
855 Posts
It's that time of year...

You might have the dreaded "08" syndrome. Just run a test here for us all...

Go out to the car and hit "Auto" and "Off" at the same time. 2 numbers should come up. The left is the quantity of errors stored in the system, the right is the actual error codes.

A little more info HERE but not much. I'd pull some more threads for you, but I just browsed through most the most recent threads and didn't see any, and search function of the site isn't working, at least for me :(

·
Registered
4,845 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 · (Edited)
Wow... $299.99?! Man, you'd think a peice of metal would be a bit cheaper... I'll check out my system tomorrow and post my findings. I guess this would be better than $2000... But I was expecting maybe $50 tops for this peice! :eek: But for some reason, I do remember a 18 coming up when my battery died and I was confused as hell as to what it ment. It said 02 on the left and 18 on the right side... From what this website says it means it's a Heater Valve Solenoid... That would make sense... But why the 2? Does that mean 2 errors? I'll double check the errors tomorrow. Cya

Oh, by the way, here is the link to the error definitions:
http://www.saabservices.com/9-5%20ACC%20codes.htm

·
Registered
4,845 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I was wrong... :cry: It is an 08... So, I'll probably end up doing this repair and then I'll fill you guys in on how it works. Thanks.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts