SaabCentral Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1,017 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all,

Can anyone tell me whereabouts the main heater switch and heater blower resistance are located, so I can test them?

I know the dash fan works :cheesy: so know I am trying to trace what doesn't work in the circuit....

Cheers,

Fraser

·
Registered
13,117 Posts
Dr Rock said:
Can anyone tell me whereabouts the main heater switch and heater blower resistance are located, so I can test them?

I know the dash fan works :cheesy: so know I am trying to trace what doesn't work in the circuit....
All the heater fan's electrical switches are on the heat distribution panel on the dash. The resistor is in the bottom of the central ductwork. You can reach it through the left speaker grille if you reach in up to your shoulder and know exactly where to feel around for it; leave it alone until you've exhausted other possibilities.
If the fuse is good, yet you get no fan on any speed, no matter the position of the selector switch, check the micro-switches built into the back of the selector. Look for the wires going into the switch where the vacuum manifold plugs in.

·
Registered
1,017 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Jim,

Thanks for the reply! The 3 speed dash switch works on the other car, which also has 12volts on the yellow wire into it.

The main heater switch, which has 4 wires onto it, has 14 volts on each wire, the 3 speed selector switch has 14 volts on the yellow centre wire, so I'm thinking it is the resistor which is not good :(

That's tomorrow's job....I've already got the dash insert and kick panel off so the ductwork is accessible.

·
Registered
1,017 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Fixed :cheesy:

Seems like it was the final stretch of wiring into the fan that was a bit dodgy: a bit of cleaning up and all is working now.

:cool:

1 - 4 of 4 Posts