SaabCentral Forums banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Any ideas what may have caused my cab heater to stop working?

Checked fuse but says it's a mega fuse and I couldn't remove it.

Is this a common fault with the heater stopping working?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
160 Posts
any smell like maple syrup or anything inside when you turn the heat on?

If so your heater core cracked...

Is the fan turning on? just blowing cold air?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
wusaaby said:
HAHA, the same thing just happen to me. the dealership just fixed it for me today. they said it was the motor that moves the flap from cold to warm air went bad.
How much did it cost?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
6,410 Posts
9-3 Vector said:
No smells, just not blowing anything. Tried different settings but nothing.
if the fan is not blowing it is probably the fan speed controller or the connection. There are several recent threads on this.

ACC or MCC?

Try pulling the big orange 40A fuse in the side electrical center and reseating it. Use pliers to get that bugger out.
 

·
Banned
Joined
·
631 Posts
wusaaby said:
HAHA, the same thing just happen to me. the dealership just fixed it for me today. they said it was the motor that moves the flap from cold to warm air wet bad.
its a motor that is actuated by the controls that closes and opens.

Very common, glad thats all it was ;)
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
9 Posts
Saab 9-3 NO HEAT

Ok wouldn't you know it it's the coldest day of the year and my heater blower/fan stopped working. It has always had a high pitched squealing sound when it is cold but generally would go away after a few minutes. This week it started again but never stopped the squeal. Now this morning the fan doesn't blow at all. Dealership just told me it is $600-700 on the part depending on if it's the motor or control. That seems unreasonable especially since I took it in under warranty for the squealing twice and was told it was nothing but dirt. I am tired of dumping money on this car and was planning on trading it the beginning of the year but am already about $5000 upside down in it.

Is there an easy fix for this or an easy way to determine what the problem is? I have owned a ton of cars in my life and have owned cars 15 years old that never had problems like this car has.

Thank you,
April
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
9 Posts
ctrlz said:
if the fan is not blowing it is probably the fan speed controller or the connection. There are several recent threads on this.

ACC or MCC?

Try pulling the big orange 40A fuse in the side electrical center and reseating it. Use pliers to get that bugger out.
Sorry for the silly question but is the side electrical center inside my car somewhere?

Thank you,
April
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Mine had exactly the same symptons. Squealing, then stopped.

Checked the big orange fuse. All ok.

Booked in to have the heater blower replaced at an independent Saab specialist.
Cost wise the motor is £200 + fitting.

On top of that the low oil pressure sensor has failed. Another £70.

Typical has to go at this time of year. :( :roll:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
6,410 Posts
aprilmay said:
Sorry for the silly question but is the side electrical center inside my car somewhere?

Thank you,
April
On US cars it is on driver's side of dashboard and only accessible with the driver's door open. It is described in the manual.
 
1 - 12 of 12 Posts
Top