SaabCentral Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi, I had a heater hose blow on my 9-3 2002 convertible. Now I am having trouble finding the short heater hose that goes from the engine to the bypass valve. it doesn't show up in the online hose catalogs, in my local spare parts place, or on ebay. I replaced it with a cut down second hand one from a 9-5 which seems to have the same diameters but is much longer, but I want to get a brand new one before flushing and filling with new coolant. My Saab guy seems to be on holiday.
Does anyone know the part number or correct name so I can look it up?
Regards
Andrew

·
Registered
19,614 Posts
FYI: the bypass valve was only fitted in certain warm climes. Most of the listings you find will have the hose that runs full length without the bypass valve. I have no idea if you could cut a section out of the longer hose and fit it to either side of your bypass valve.

There's a kit for tropical climes (.au), RHD, 2.0L part # 49 61 132

Just as a reference... the kit went for $95 USd in LHD form but it is not available here. It looks like it included the hoses and the valve but that's not specified.

·
Registered
3,196 Posts
Many of us North American 9-5 drivers are deliberately removing the by-pass valve which was standard equipment on all 9-5s here, and installing just the plain hose kits - made by MacKay in Australia!

The by-pass valves are a maintenance problem on the 9-5 and are prone to sudden failure resulting in coolant loss.

Removing it entirely is an option.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.