SaabCentral Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
91 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am considering a '98 9-5 SE with 200.000 km (125K miles) on it. The car looks OK, but the interior heater fan motor doesn't work. Everything else on the ACC seems to work fine, and there is no error message on the SID. It just doesn't deliver any air at all.
It doesn't seem to be the fuse, but given that it just plainly doesn't work at all I do think it is an electrical issue.

Is this a common fault, are there any simple things to check or should I just avoid the car and wait for the next one to come along?

·
Registered
22,211 Posts

·
Registered
3,196 Posts
What your your maintenance/repair skills?

The motor needs to be replaced. I did this job myself this summer on my 2000 Sedan following instructions posted here and other owner sites. A new blower fan motor was $300USD and it required 3 hours of work to replace.

·
Registered
91 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I'll be damned, you guys are fast!

I have done some things myself on the previous car, a NG900, so if I can get a new motor pretty quick I might give it a shot. I'll also check what it costs to do this at the shop, the seller will reduce the price on the car because of this.

Thanks a lot! Any other hints and tips for me to look at when buying a used 9-5?

·
Registered
22,211 Posts
1 - 5 of 5 Posts