SaabCentral Forums banner

Heater dial problem

796 views 9 replies 7 participants last post by  audiophil 
#1 ·
Hi,
My heater dial (the knob to adjust the temperature of the air flow into the coupe= seems to be broken. It just spins around without any restriction, seems like there's something wrong with the connection to the valve regulating the water.
So, question, is it possible to pop out the dial itself, without having to tear the whole dashboard apart?

#2 ·
You should pull the drivers side speaker grille off. There is a rod that runs from the heater knob to the heater core. It might not be attached anymore. I had a problem with mine when i turned the knob the temperature wouldnt change and it was because that rod broke off from the heater core.

#3 ·
Easy.

Remove the drivers side speaker grille cover (4 screws)

-Look inside down towards the centre of the dash. There is a joint where your heater control rod should meet. The switch with the long stick that comes out of it has fallen out of the connector at the other side

Re-attach and enjoy!

#4 ·
It sounds to me like the heater rod may have come off. the rod that connects the heater valve and the knob/dial. take the radio out and the radio cage out. then take a flashlight and look in there. you should see a metal rod. also you can take off the left speaker grill and look in there as well. if it iss off you may need to take the facia screws out and pull the facia out a little to connect the rod to the heater valve and the dial. its pretty easy.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.