SaabCentral Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1,171 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I noticed today that my heated seats aren't working. I turned them on today for the first time in months, and nothing happened i checked the 20 amp fuse and its still intact. What could be the problem??

·
Registered
1,249 Posts
Man, the heated seats die often. Underneath the padding, the wires usually short out and then stop working. usually, you have to take it apart and then solder it back together. I am not sure on the exact process though, as my seats still work somehow.

·
Registered
1,249 Posts
dtaylor posted this on one of my threads a while ago, I hope it helps you.

"Failed seat heaters are in my experience, usually due to broken elements in the seat. Other possible causes, faulty switch (I've had a few of these), blown fuse (never had this), broken wiring somewhere else (never had that).

Fixing the seat heat pad isn't that hard, you just need to unbolt the seat, remove the clips that hold the seat cushion cover and fold it back. Look for the burnt bit, scrape back the fabric to clear the area and solder it back together. It'll last for a while, maybe a good few months but will likely fail again but it's a no cost fix each time, just a little time itself.

David."

1 - 7 of 7 Posts