SaabCentral Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
377 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Why is there no direct Off button on the air handler control?

And why do I need to have the fans on or whatever if I want to have my heated seats working?

Am I missing something? Everytime I want it off I have to keep pressing down on the fan speed till it goes to Off.

·
Registered
980 Posts
I agree it's a nuisance and the logic behind the correlation between the ACC and heated seats escapes me. To minimize the number of times you need to press the fan speed down button, here's what I do. Press once, and hold, the fan speed will step down to the lowest speed. Press again, the fan is turned off, but the ACC is still on; heated seats should still be enabled, I think. If you press a third time, the ACC will shut down, along with heated seats. There's really no need to do this normally; the second press shuts off the fan and that's all I care about. I also have my a/c set to "manual" so that I have to turn it on each time I want cooling. By holding the button on the first press, you can kill the fan with only two button presses; helps to save the "peel off coating" on the button.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts