SaabCentral Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello all, I have a 2007 9-3 Anniversary edition (sedan, if that matters), which is equipped with heated seats. The thing is, when I press the heated seat button, for both the driver and passenger side, nothing happens. I press the button, and the light just stays off. I'm not sure if the seats actually start getting warm due to impatience, but I would imagine they likely don't. I know it's not that specific area of buttons, since everything else works fine. Does anyone have any ideas of what's wrong?

·
Registered
642 Posts
The heating coil is a common failure item due to normal use of the car which is abusive to the wires such as kneeling on the seat. When the heating coils are damaged they typically get waaaaay too hot. As in burn your leg, ruin the leather, and start a fire hot. When my element went I didn't hit the button for a few weeks then the following fall I took the seat out and changed the element. I wonder if the previous owner knew it was getting too hot and pulled the fuse so the system is not powered on for safety reasons.......or the fuse is blown. I would see if there is a fuse is missing or blown....and in either case I would try to make sure everything works properly and not getting too hot. If that isn't it you probably have some sort of electrical supply gremlin which would be not fun trying to track down.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Ok, thank you. I'll check the fuses tomorrow, during the daytime. If it isn't there, I'll probably just leave it as is, because it likely would be missing for safety reasons. Do you happen to know which fuse it is? And which fuse area it's in, since I believe there are a few?

·
Registered
8,399 Posts
REC fuse 15 for driver and 16 for passenger.

·
Super Moderator
9,511 Posts
Hey question on this topic - will the backrest heating pad still work if the seat bottom heating pad is burned/broken? I removed the burned seat bottom heating pad but now I'm wondering if the backrest is bad too. I would think it'd be okay though since there's not a lot of weight put on it. I can't feel any heat with the seat heater button on.

Edit: nevermind, found the answer here. The power feeds through the bottom pad so it wouldn't work at all if the bottom pad is bad.

·
Registered
8,399 Posts
No. They are serial.

·
Super Moderator
9,511 Posts

·
Registered
642 Posts
Are you going the hog ring or zip tie method on reassembly? Tractor supply has the hog rings and pliers locally. I used this set and it worked great. I can confirm that the 'normal price' is real because that is exactly what I paid 6 years ago.......strange to see tools cheaper than way back but I thought it was worth $23 and would be a bargain at $13 and change:

·
Super Moderator
9,511 Posts
Are you going the hog ring or zip tie method on reassembly? Tractor supply has the hog rings and pliers locally. I used this set and it worked great. I can confirm that the 'normal price' is real because that is exactly what I paid 6 years ago.......strange to see tools cheaper than way back but I thought it was worth $23 and would be a bargain at $13 and change:
I was just going to reuse the original hog rings with regular 'ol pliers but zip ties sounds enticing...

·
Registered
8,399 Posts
I highly recommend hog rings with hog ring pliers.
They are quick to install and super reliable.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts