SaabCentral Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
112 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a few questions regarding my new 2005 9-3 Arc. I do love it but there are a few idiosyncrasies that i find very annoying

Heated Seats:
Do the heated seats only work when the ACC is on? When my ACC is off, and i hit the heated seats button, nothing happens. Wouldn't it make sense to have heated seats independant of the Climate Control? Under the 'Customize' button on the SID, the only option for Heated Seats is either Auto or Manual. Its set to Manual.

ACC:
Is there is a way to keep the Climate Control off when I start the car? Everytime i start the car, it automatically starts. I dont want that. Is this a TechII programming or can I use the 'Customize' button on the SID? I tried different things, but couldnt get it to work. I must be challenged . . .

Navigation:
I'm also assuming that you cant enter a telephone # and have the system map to the address? I've seen this done on some other navigation systems on other car manufacturers.
Thanks for any help!

Ps - couldnt find anything in the FAQ's or in my searches for the above

·
Registered
112 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Ok i figured out the ACC thing myself . . .

But the heated seats item - anyone? I mean you can only turn on the heated seats when the ACC is on?

·
Registered
2,945 Posts
OK, what exactly do you mean by "ACC is on"? I don't know of a way to turn the entire system "off" except by hitting the fan down button till it reads "off", and you shouldn't do that. :nono; ;)

ACC=automatic climate control.

Do you mean AC (air conditioning)? So if your question is "why don't heated seats work when the AC is off"? I dunno. I thought they did. I will check on my way home tonight!

The difference in heated seats in the SID for Manual/Auto is if you want the system to automatically turn the roasters on (by determining temp indoors & out), or say forget it & you have to turm them on. You'll have to tell me, do these work as well as your 9-5 heaters? I had a 9-5 loaner once & was amazed at how hot it got compared to the 9-3!

·
Registered
112 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
When I start the car, the climate control turns on automatically. On my 9-5, when i start the car, its off. When I hit "Auto" then it turns on. I want the same option on the 9-3.

curious as to why you say that I shouldn't turn off the Climate Control by hitting the fan button till it reads off? (for 9-3)

What i did was, under the Fan Distribution, I chose manual, which brought me to the a sub-menu. I checked all items as manual. Now when i start the car, the Climate Control is off. When I hit Auto, it turns on and does what it needs to do. When its off now, it reads 'Off' and 'Customize'

The heated seats only work when the Climate Control in on (meaning, Auto is highlighted and i can control the temperature). If i hit the fan button till system shuts off, when i hit the heated seats button, nothing happens. Only when Climate Control is working, do the heated seats work. which is what i find odd.

On my 9-5, the switch is independent. On a chilly night, i could keep the Climate Control off, and turn on the heated seats and just enjoy the ride. Since my 9-5 is 5 yrs old, the 9-3 gets much hotter. the lowest setting on the 9-3 is equal to the middle of the 9-5. But When i first got my 9-5, it was damn hot. I remember my passengers would start sweating in the seat (on middle setting).

·
Registered
112 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Viscouse

Thanks for testing it out. I'm gonna contact me dealer tomorrow and have them fix it.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts