SaabCentral Forums banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Yesterday the heat in my driver's side seat in my 2000 9-5 got stuck on high, regardless of the switch position. It's also much warmer than it's ever been since I got the car used a few years ago. I currently suspect the switch, since it seems it's never been going to high all these years and is now stuck on high. Anyone know what would cause this? I have unplugged the heat switch and will see tomorrow if the heat is still on.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Removing the switch did turn the seat off, so that must be the issue.
Does anyone know a place to order the switch online? I checked my usual ordering sites and didn't see it. The nearest dealer is over an hour away, so I'd like to avoid that trip if possible.

·
Registered
1,412 Posts
Removing the switch did turn the seat off, so that must be the issue.
Does anyone know a place to order the switch online? I checked my usual ordering sites and didn't see it. The nearest dealer is over an hour away, so I'd like to avoid that trip if possible.
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/98-0...ptZMotorsQ5fCarQ5fTruckQ5fPartsQ5fAccessories

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/SAAB...ptZMotorsQ5fCarQ5fTruckQ5fPartsQ5fAccessories

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/00-0...ptZMotorsQ5fCarQ5fTruckQ5fPartsQ5fAccessories

·
Registered
9-3 2.0t 2006
4 Posts
Yesterday the heat in my driver's side seat in my 2000 9-5 got stuck on high, regardless of the switch position. It's also much warmer than it's ever been since I got the car used a few years ago. I currently suspect the switch, since it seems it's never been going to high all these years and is now stuck on high. Anyone know what would cause this? I have unplugged the heat switch and will see tomorrow if the heat is still on.
———————-
Where do you unplug it?
This happened to me today.

·
Premium Member
4,653 Posts
———————-
Where do you unplug it?
This happened to me today.
Pull out the little tray that is under the ACC and reach in and push the switches out to unplug.

There is a tab in the middle at the top of the tray/box/cubby thing that you need to push down to get it to unclip and pull forward.

·
Registered
10,597 Posts
I've had issues getting that cubby out in the past. I think it's usually easier to take the ACC panel out, but either way works.

·
Premium Member
4,653 Posts
I've had issues getting that cubby out in the past. I think it's usually easier to take the ACC panel out, but either way works.
Ya, I pulled one out of a 1999 car no problem and then many years later I tried to remove one in another car and it was SO frustrating not knowing the top tab was there...I broke that one.

If you can finesse that tab it's easier then pulling the ACC and worrying about all the potential wire grief involved....wiring scares me.

·
Registered
16 Posts
I just dealt with this on my '02 9-5.

·
Registered
10,141 Posts
Careful prying of the switch itself with two non-marking tools from top and bottom will pull the switch out. If you don't have ventilated seats, pop out the blanks for better access to the heat switch.

Getting that cubby out can be a real pain. And you have to do it if you want to pull the instrument panel fascia, well in one piece anyway.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts