SaabCentral Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
As a new Saab owner, I love my car, a low milage (37 k) 2000 9-3 conv. however as the weather began getting colder I started using the heated seats. The problem began yesterday. When I turn the heated seat on as it warms-up a popping or clicking sound begins and gets worse as the seat continues to heat, furthermore it continues to make the sound after the car is turned off until the seat itself cools down. Also the sound is accompanied by an actual popping on the seat, so I can feel a pop concurrently with the noise. Any ideas?

·
Registered
21,583 Posts
The PO(previous owner) left some kernals on the seat..:cheesy:

I think some sounds are normal when something heats up (expansion), but in this case ???

Could you be hearing the opening/closing of the thermostat contacts ???

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I was also kind of thinking it could be the opening and closing of contacts in the seat... so is safe to use and sit in?

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Update - Not the seat heaters

So apparently the problem is not the seat heaters, and I beleive was related to the seat motor allowing it to go fwd and backward. Basically still having the noise when the seat heater was not turned on. Then I tried to move the seat back so I could look under and the seat would not respond... then with a little effort it did finally move and no more noise? Who knows? I'm just happy the seat heater is okay.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts