SaabCentral Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
642 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well, I found this interesting.

I turned on my car today, and heard a buzz behind the dash. Assuming that its probably nothing, I go on with my drive. Then I notice my butt is getting a little warm - the heated seat was on! I checked my dial, and it was set to off, and the passenger side didn't seem to have to same problem. I call OnStar and they are of no help because the Saab help people only work Monday through Friday. How nice for them.

So I turn off my car, hit the shops, and when I come back, I start my car, hear the same noise. But this time no heated seats. Odd. I chalk it up to a one time thing that will probably never happen again.

Last night, I go out. When I come home from my friend's house (the way there was fine), hear the same buzz and the heated seats again.

Any ideas?

·
Registered
181 Posts
Hi,

Sounds to me that you may have a short circuit in the switch or a short on the wires that go to that switch.

Whip it out and check the condition of the wires to see if there is any evidence of shorting out together with the condition of the plug which connects to the back of the switch.

Try swapping the switches over once removed, to see if the problem is the switch. Remember, they will not fit into the dash as they are handed:eek:

Hope this helps

Phil

·
Registered
642 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
That sounds like something the dealer is going to have to do when she goes in for an oil change. Thanks for the tip, and if they can't find anything, I'll be sure to hint them towards that direction.

Thanks!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts