SaabCentral Forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
137 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello, I wanted to get rid of the moisture on my rear view mirrors this morning so I turned the rear window defroster. However, the mirrors did not get warm. On my old car (VW) I was able to feel the heat on the mirrors and housing, but on the Saab nothing happened and it seemd to me that wind dried the moisture.

Any clues or pointers how to check whether heated mirrors work or not. The car is 2006 93.

Thanks

·
Registered
137 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
I am back again. Could someone chime in with information whether heat can be felt on the mirror glass or housing? I would appreciate if someone can do quick test.

Also, is there relay or breaker for heated mirrors?

Thanks

·
Registered
137 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
JBob said:
Yes, after several minutes the glass should feel warm to the touch...
Thanks for reply. So, I have non-working heated mirrors. Actually, I am not certain they have worked since I bought the car in March 2006.

·
Registered
230 Posts
Are you sure you are supposed to have heated mirrors?

I do not see the little insignia on my mirrors indicating they are heated. I wonder.
Have not tried yet.

2007 9.3 S/S

·
Registered
980 Posts
monsaab said:
Are you sure you are supposed to have heated mirrors?

I do not see the little insignia on my mirrors indicating they are heated. I wonder.
Have not tried yet.

2007 9.3 S/S
I've got the same car as the OP; '06 9-3 SC 2.0T. According the window sticker, heated mirrors were standard equipment. My mirrors also do not have the insignias, but I do know that the heaters work well.

·
Registered
137 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
bing1221 said:
should be the resistances burn out, mine changed once that covered under warranty
What do you mean by resistance? Is breaker burned or something else?

Thanks

·
Registered
230 Posts
thanks New92Xowner and CadcamJim for your replies.
I've yet to try the heated mirrors yet.
I too read that they were standard equipment, but two salesmen at two different dealerships told me that the 9.3 S/S in 2007 has no heated mirrors.

I trust you guys more.

·
Registered
867 Posts
You could check. There is a guide to openening the mirrors on these forums somewhere...

In brief & to give you an idea, push the mirror housing forward so the mirror points out allowing access to the inner side. Use the motors to angle the mirror as far forward as it will go, gently. Get your finger tips behind the inner side of the mirror so you can see inside - no brute force but gentle pressure is required...you'll need a torch in your mouth and long pronged electrical pliers. There are two clips attached to the mirror, squeeze them in towards each other to disengage. Once disengaged, the mirror will loosen alot and then just come off.

Have a look for the guide on these forums...there are piccies..all will become clear.

The electric mirrors have a circuit printed on the back of the glass and two terminals/wires connecting to them. Once you have reset the clips the mirror glass just clips back into place.

·
Registered
137 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
I took the mirror out and measured voltage on the black and brown terminals/wires. It read 0 Volts and yes I had rear defroster turned on. By the way the defroster works fine.

Now the question is if heated mirrors are disabled by Tech II (Dealer did some customization like deactivating DRL etc.) or some breaker or relay is out. In the manual I did not see any reference to heated mirrors or defroster circuit breakers!?

Can someone chime in? It seems that I will have to make trip to dealer to fix mirrors under warranty.

Thanks

smurkenstein said:
You could check. There is a guide to openening the mirrors on these forums somewhere...

In brief & to give you an idea, push the mirror housing forward so the mirror points out allowing access to the inner side. Use the motors to angle the mirror as far forward as it will go, gently. Get your finger tips behind the inner side of the mirror so you can see inside - no brute force but gentle pressure is required...you'll need a torch in your mouth and long pronged electrical pliers. There are two clips attached to the mirror, squeeze them in towards each other to disengage. Once disengaged, the mirror will loosen alot and then just come off.

Have a look for the guide on these forums...there are piccies..all will become clear.

The electric mirrors have a circuit printed on the back of the glass and two terminals/wires connecting to them. Once you have reset the clips the mirror glass just clips back into place.

·
Registered
2,045 Posts
i was wondering if my car had heated mirrors? I'm unsure if I have them and they don't work, or if the weren't an option on MY03 linear?

·
Registered
122 Posts
I didn't think my 04 9-3 arc convertible had heated mirrors until today. Yes the glass will have heated strips will be visible if you un clip the spring and take the mirror and backing off. But without taking that off you should be able to see two small wires running from inside thehousing directly to the glass on the inner (closest to the car) side. Just gently push the outer side of the mirror in to get a peek. So I know I have them (glass was coming unglued) not sure if they work.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts