SaabCentral Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My heat stopped working in my 2005 93 Linear. The fans all work but it just blows cold air. I checked the fuses on the drivers side panel and they all seem to be good. I can't find the thread that previously addressed this issue. Can anyone give me some more troubleshooting tips. I am new to this site and after reading a bunch of other threads I really appreciate everything that is out there. Thanks. MDN

·
Registered
1,559 Posts
Sounds like a bad mixed air damper motor, this seems to be a common problem area. I would check into that before anything else.

My heat stopped working in my 2005 93 Linear. The fans all work but it just blows cold air. I checked the fuses on the drivers side panel and they all seem to be good. I can't find the thread that previously addressed this issue. Can anyone give me some more troubleshooting tips. I am new to this site and after reading a bunch of other threads I really appreciate everything that is out there. Thanks. MDN

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks. Next step... not to sound like an idiot... but how would I go about checking that? I am not very familiar with the "under the hood" things in my car. Thanks again.

·
Registered
1,816 Posts
I had this exact same symptom a few weeks ago. The heat wouldn't work all weekend and I kept moving the controls to the extremes to see if I could free it up to no avail. I made an appointment with the dealer, and it started working when I was a couple of miles away from them. I left the car there and they worked with it for two days and could not reproduce the problem, and it hasn't acted up since. If there weren't a cabin filter I'd suspect debris had been sucked into the diverter but with the filter in place, I'm not sure - I'd guess the motor is just on its way out (at 30K miles) and is just very intermittent.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Got It!

Don't know how... but the heat started to work again after I disconnected the control unit and reconnected it. Now the mixed air damper motor.. (drivers side under panel) keeps clicking when I turn it to full cold, almost like there are a few more setting it wants to get to.

Now next question, are those miniature bulbs that light the control panel standard, or are they OEM parts? I got one side that's out.

·
Registered
1,559 Posts
If that mixed air damper is clicking its a pretty good sign its time to replace it. That is the motor that controls temps. I don't know about the bulbs, its been talked about a few times here try a search and see if you can find anything.

Don't know how... but the heat started to work again after I disconnected the control unit and reconnected it. Now the mixed air damper motor.. (drivers side under panel) keeps clicking when I turn it to full cold, almost like there are a few more setting it wants to get to.

Now next question, are those miniature bulbs that light the control panel standard, or are they OEM parts? I got one side that's out.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Got it, Thanks. Looks like that part is pretty easy to replace... looks like I need to remove some interior covers to get to it. But the good news from today.. my OCD kicked in and I cleaned the crap out of the interior. Thanks again for all of everyone's help.

·
Registered
429 Posts
no heat

The bulbs (2) in the panel are available through the dealer. $10 per bulb.
They have a gray base that does not disconnect from the bubl/thus "dealer only"
Make sure you put them in correctly or they wont work.
I had to replace the two on my 05 linear and one didn't light right off the bat. I had to remove the panel and the bulb and bend one of the little tabs on the bulb housing to make sure it made contact.
Quirky, I know but hey its a Saab

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.