SaabCentral Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I recently purchased a 96 900S, it was a warm day out in NH for the winter so i did not try the heat out(stupid thing not to do). Anyways when its 25 degrees out and snowing hard and your windows are all fogged up and ur freezing because ur cold you wish you had made sure the heat and a/c worked. The hot air comes out of the vents but i cannot hear the fan running. Its jus like the heat comming from the engine is being pushed out the vents even when my fan speed is turned up all the way it is still at a slow rate of comming out. I am relying on putting my window down to unfog the windows and my heated seats to keep me warm. Good thing spring is soon. Does anyone know what the problem might be. I heard it may be the resistor or the blower. I really dont want to go to the local SAAB service center and pay a rediculous amount to fix when i could do it myself possibly.I have no clue why it wont work. If anyone has any ideas please let me know.

·
Registered
1,284 Posts
Sounds like the ACC fan control module. There has been plenty of posts on this issue of late. You can probably search for those key words and find more information than you need.
Anyway about 75 bucks for the part and a maybe 30 minutes to swap it. If you are changing it yourself, then it is probably 1-2hours (the first time is always hard).

1 - 3 of 3 Posts